CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

geting

27th December 2023, 20:48
Thanks Jono. Fine by me
51 of 64  -   Report This Post

jono

27th December 2023, 20:53
Done.
52 of 64  -   Report This Post

paul

27th December 2023, 20:54
Thanks Jon!
53 of 64  -   Report This Post

jono

27th December 2023, 20:57
My pleasure!
54 of 64  -   Report This Post

buddy

28th December 2023, 00:14
nice one paulh; good job with your maiden voyage in the big chair, geting.
55 of 64  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

28th December 2023, 00:34
Nice, paulh. Thanks, geting. In case you haven’t seen an earlier post of mine, I’m Swedish too, although I don’t speak the language. My mother’s family is from Stockholm.
Great to see you, ginge. Brilliant clue as usual.
56 of 64  -   Report This Post

geting

28th December 2023, 05:29
Hi Aristophanes, nice to hear from you. Why not reawaken the viking in you and learn Swedish online. It's really one of the world's easiest languages to learn
57 of 64  -   Report This Post

paulhabershon

28th December 2023, 06:45
Thanks, geting, and apologies for late acknowledgement. I wasn't engaged in any festivities on Wednesday evening but completely forgot to check the result. This was partly because my brain's idle moments were still devoted to solving the last two clues in Tuesday's (yes Tuesday) Times, stumped by Nancy milk equalling lait. Also I had written off my chances of winning so this was a pleasant surprise. You did a fine job and it's always nice for the adjudicator and winner to get a couple of vindications too.

Now to think of a suitable New Year Clueless.
58 of 64  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

28th December 2023, 10:47
geting: My wife is always telling me to learn Swedish. I’m rather intimidated because my cousins over there speak English so perfectly. I’ve only studied Latin, German, and Spanish formally. When I try to speak German in Germany I’m asked whether I’m Swedish. I’m not sure whether it’s my accent or my appearance.
59 of 64  -   Report This Post

chrise

28th December 2023, 11:13
aristo
i knew i was making progress with my italian when i used it to a waiter in como and he answered in german!
60 of 64  -   Report This Post