CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jono

15th December 2023, 18:17
Thanks to all who entered this week’s Peer Review.

Paul, Mattrom, Tyke and Geting all received votes.

Mattrom@17 takes second place. However, Paul@6 wins with three votes (and two likes) with…

Horseman is decapitated after a drive on the motorway in the dark (8)

Congrats Paul!

For your prize we’re taking a trip back to the 70s…

Woo woo!
https://youtu.be/v78-ftcqpNw

Woo hoo hoo, yeah oh yeah!
https://youtu.be/f9FGdq_4150

And for anyone interested, here is the full St Lucy’s day poem…
https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/44122/a-nocturnal-upon-st-lucys-day

Cheers all!
Ttfn
31 of 45  -   Report This Post

chrise

15th December 2023, 18:20
Thanks jono and congrats paul.

I was a bit disappointed not to get a mention for mine - definitely the shortest clue I've ever entered!
32 of 45  -   Report This Post

jono

15th December 2023, 18:24
I liked your clue, Chris, The second iteration was definitely better.
33 of 45  -   Report This Post

chrise

15th December 2023, 18:30
Thanks jono!
34 of 45  -   Report This Post

tyke51

15th December 2023, 18:52
Well done Paul - a richly deserved win! Thanks for the vote Geting - I enjoyed the Santa Lucia clip. Appreciate the mentions Chrise & Dorrien - I thought about the `midnight train` song while trying to compose a clue - thanks Jono!
35 of 45  -   Report This Post

geting

15th December 2023, 18:54
Congratulations Paul

Thank you Jono. Happen to love both those songs and also poetry

Chrise, regretted as soon as I had posted that I didn't mention you too. In fact I almost decided not to enter the contest because I thought your entry @2 was so clever and the given winner
36 of 45  -   Report This Post

chrise

15th December 2023, 18:57
so kind, geting!
37 of 45  -   Report This Post

paulhabershon

15th December 2023, 19:04
Congratulations, paul, and thanks, jono.
38 of 45  -   Report This Post

paul

15th December 2023, 19:48
Thanks for all the votes and likes. Much appreciated win. Chris - I liked your laconic entry too but narrowly preferred Getings version. It reminded me of the late(?) great AB who preceded most of you but was the absolute master of the laconic clues in the competitions. Never definitively found out what happened to him. I guess he followed Bullfrog et al to the great grid in the sky. Thanks for setting Jon and the prizes - TBH whenever I see the bellbottoms so popular in those times I give thanks that I was too young to be affected by them or wear them... Gladys Knight - truly a great singer, I had heard the second song but missed the camel parking valet reference. Appreciate the injection of high culture in the third prize. WPR to follow.
39 of 45  -   Report This Post

chrise

15th December 2023, 20:05
hi paul
yes, i thought my clue was ABesque.
sometimes relatives update us on losses or otherwise, but i haven't heard anthing about AB. les40 (Leslie Lawless) was probably closest, but he hasn't been here for ages either.
40 of 45  -   Report This Post