CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jono

6th November 2023, 01:16
As last month, I’ve created an interactive grid which you are all very welcome to use. It won't, however, accept "more than one letter per cell" which the preamble suggests may be necessary.

Anyway, you can access it here should you wish…
https://crossword.info/jono/Genius_245_Pangakupu

If I recall correctly, our good friend Prospero is blogging this one.
1 of 65  -   Report This Post

brendan

6th November 2023, 07:07
Thanks Jono, much appreciated
2 of 65  -   Report This Post

prospero

6th November 2023, 08:28
many thanks, jono - was about to come on here to ask if you were creating it this month. I have virtually all the solutions on the first scan and your grid will be a godsend for fitting them in!
3 of 65  -   Report This Post

prospero

6th November 2023, 13:28
well, I have them all fitted (whether right or not I've no idea ...) but can't for the life of me find an instruction revealed.
4 of 65  -   Report This Post

muraria

6th November 2023, 13:49
prospero,
The cells with two letters don't clash with other entries, so the first is in first cell of 1A, second is in second cell of 10A....then read on down the grid.
Really enjoyed this one!
5 of 65  -   Report This Post

begemot

6th November 2023, 14:15
I thought I 'd cracked it, but then when I carried out "the instruction revealed", I arrived at a solution where all of the words were real apart from one, the entry at no12, which seems to be a non-word. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Or have I been tricked into a cul-de-sac?
6 of 65  -   Report This Post

prospero

6th November 2023, 14:35
ah, I see where the instruction is - thanks for the hint, muraria. Held up by the ambiguity in 27, though - and I see we have the necessary NZ solution ... thanks Pangakapu, that was hard work but fun.
7 of 65  -   Report This Post

quisling

6th November 2023, 14:35
Begemot, improbably it is a word, though not in Chambers. Try googling it
8 of 65  -   Report This Post

begemot

6th November 2023, 14:36
Just on a whim, I googled my "non-word" & discovered that it us in fact a word - not listed in Chambers & something I'd certainly never heard of!
9 of 65  -   Report This Post

prospero

6th November 2023, 14:38
behemot - google what you've got - it'll be a surprise ... does anyone have an explanation to parse the 4th and 5th letter of 4d? I can't see how "much seen" works.
10 of 65  -   Report This Post