CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

gawdelpus

27th October 2023, 14:10
Without access to the latest edition of Chambers I probably wouldn’t have been able to deduce/search/google/whatever the unclued light at 43A. I would have been bereft of a scooby. The others would’ve succumbed to an anagram cruncher or an online solver, but not this clue.
11 of 14  -   Report This Post

alwayspuzzled

27th October 2023, 15:22
I've managed to get there with the help of Word Wizard and my older versions of Cambers so thanks for that Malone. Cockie, I agree with you about the edition of the reference book used. In the past when Brewer's has been mentioned not all the thematic answers have been in older editions.
12 of 14  -   Report This Post

jack aubrey

27th October 2023, 17:13
As far as I can see, the relevant page is not in the Appendices in the Chambers App. (My physical copy is the 2016 edition but is currently in storage.) I’ve some way to go but so far all the unclued answers are words that I know - and use on occasion. But as I have several still to complete, including 43, that probably puts me on a 3-y peg!
13 of 14  -   Report This Post

jack aubrey

27th October 2023, 17:58
All done. 43 was in the Chambers App, which was just as well as it was the only one I didn’t know. In the end, the entry which gave me most trouble was 4d.
14 of 14  -   Report This Post