CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jono

8th August 2023, 17:39
I think that is the only clue that provides an indication as to its intended orientation in the grid. As such it provides another anchor for the grid fill…
11 of 29  -   Report This Post

buddy

8th August 2023, 18:38
jono, "content of rancid... served up" , "exam permit turned up"., "Mr O...returned", as well. The last is arguable I guess but I took it to mean an across clue
12 of 29  -   Report This Post

palindromeda

8th August 2023, 18:48
Speaking of Qs, I’m down to my last unsolved clue.
‘Old English light engineers find work’:
_A_D_Q
Have I boxed myself into a corner?
TIA
13 of 29  -   Report This Post

buddy

8th August 2023, 18:54
Yes, your letters belong to the clue "Exchange lively Q&As (6)"
14 of 29  -   Report This Post

jono

8th August 2023, 18:57
Well spotted Buddy, those references to orientation passed me by
15 of 29  -   Report This Post

hkwstuck

8th August 2023, 19:26
Hi I haven't found this too bad for once but I can't parse the religious trip clue. I think I understand the 4th letter but not the first 3 letters assuming I have the right answer.
I also found the v&a one hard to parse but I see that now so thanks for that explanation.
16 of 29  -   Report This Post

brendan

8th August 2023, 19:37
Hi HW,

I initially got this wrong thinking "the one" was a 3 letter deity reversed/arranged followed by "India" but eventually I figured it out after realising I still needed a particular letter ..

3 letter "arranged" followed by single letter "one after India" - it gives the same event but a different spelling.
17 of 29  -   Report This Post

brendan

8th August 2023, 19:42
... if you look up the present tense of the 3 letter word in Chambers thesaurus you'll see it's given in the context of 'to hold or arrange a party' so 'to ???? a party'
18 of 29  -   Report This Post

hkwstuck

8th August 2023, 19:46
Ahh yes I see that now. It took me a while ...
Many thanks
19 of 29  -   Report This Post

brendan

8th August 2023, 19:51
Thanks, if you reverse the first 3 letters it gives a name for God which I incorrectly thought "the one" was referring to - amazing what you can convince yourself of 😀
20 of 29  -   Report This Post