CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

spidergirl

5th October 2010, 20:16
got 3 i cant get. feel i must have gone wrong on one. please help?clue;- fight (8) have ST*****E. thought it was struggle but it doesnt fit. 2nd clue;- hue . thought answer ;- colour, but doesnt fit with struggle! and finally clue;- way of proceeding, had ;-headed but doesnt go with either of the other two! Any help appreciated as it is driving me mad.
1 of 7  -   Report This Post

jimc

5th October 2010, 20:21
Hi.

Could "way of proceeding" be method?

JimC
2 of 7  -   Report This Post

jimc

5th October 2010, 20:23
Hi again,

'struggle' seems a good answer. What letter of 'struggle' would cross with the 6-letter answer to 'hue' - and which of the 6 letters would it intersect with?

JimC
3 of 7  -   Report This Post

david w

5th October 2010, 20:27
What letters are you sure of for the third clue?
Might "method" fit?
4 of 7  -   Report This Post

spidergirl

5th October 2010, 20:30
the 4th letter of answer to HUE crosses with the 4th letter of answer to fight. so if it was colour . across it would read ST*O***E. and if you include METHOD the 4th letter of that "H" would cross the 6th letter of fight. THat would then give me ST***H*E. I did think it could be an error in the paper and they had got the O&the U mixed up!
5 of 7  -   Report This Post

babs

5th October 2010, 20:35
Think its the old Scottish word for fight stooshie
6 of 7  -   Report This Post

spidergirl

5th October 2010, 20:42
STOOSHIE would fit in perfect with "colour" and "method." I would never have got that in a million years. maybe not an Aberdonian word!Thankyou so much. I can go and have a cuppa now and settle down for the night and relax my brain. thanks
7 of 7  -   Report This Post