CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

roof

25th September 2022, 00:02
I shall try it.

You may all be relieved to hear that I've finally got 29ac and hence 23d, which confirmed my answer for 19ac.

I still have to get 3d, 13ac, 13d and 27d. Are my crossers correct for 3d?
?R ?Y ???E?E. I started by filling in In My Pocket, but it was not to be.

My husband tells me dinner is ready, so perhaps I'll return refreshed.

Oops, I fogot to send this.

Much later, after eating and watching television.
I just have three left now - 13ac and 13d and 27d.

But it is just coming up to midnight, so I'm off to bed and hoping my friend has got these when I ring her tomorrow.
61 of 70  -   Report This Post

paradigmshifter

25th September 2022, 00:35
13A: part of the theme of the crossword, "Does" is a good misdirection - Sound of Music?

13D: Counterparts to 12A I think.

27D: The missing one of the 17 21
62 of 70  -   Report This Post

anyotherbizniz

25th September 2022, 01:22
I had a different (and probably wrong) parsing of 27D.

Girl (ie girl's name) is the definition
The word play is 1,3 where the 1 is a word in the clue and the 3 is the compass direction (course) from Exeter to Leeds.
63 of 70  -   Report This Post

anyotherbizniz

25th September 2022, 01:31
I've just seen that someone posted the same parsing for 27d right at the beginning of the thread. Apologies.

On 13d it's another set of three women. These spin, measure and cut. As someone else pointed out the "we hear" phrase indicates a homophone.

I have to admit my knowledge of these three stems from Emerson, Lake & Palmer's first album. Gosh that dates me.
64 of 70  -   Report This Post

paradigmshifter

25th September 2022, 01:46
I couldn't parse 27D and thought it was the weakest clue to be honest (all the others were good)... your parsing is correct. Obviously 17 21 #3 needed to make an appearance somewhere, which is how I got it (without parsing it).
65 of 70  -   Report This Post

jaffra

25th September 2022, 17:04
Not a contribution to the crossword itself, though I did plan to make some comments, but why has a panel about privacy policy suddenly appeared before I can enter anything, and which recurs at every new entry? It will not allow me to choose which cookies to accept, but just goes on for ever when I click on "manage settings".

Clicking on "Accept recommended cookies" opens up just one page, so going to the next post I have to do it again.

I have a new computer, which itself is giving me some problems, but I can't see how that is relevant to this situation.

Help, please.
66 of 70  -   Report This Post

chrise

25th September 2022, 17:11
Hi jaffra
There have been intermittent problems with this over the last week or two. It may possibly be connected with use of Ad Blockers (or possibly not - I have an Ad blocker, but the problem comes and goes - goes, mostly!)
67 of 70  -   Report This Post

jono

25th September 2022, 17:17
Jaffa, this is to do with your ad blocker it seems, as others have reported the same problem and we’ve had feedback from the site admins that this is the issue.

As a suggestion, try turning off the ad blocker and browser, rebooting the computer, turning your browser back on and then turning the ad blocker back on.
I say this only because it worked for me. Good luck!
68 of 70  -   Report This Post

minno

25th September 2022, 17:27
I'm using Firefox on my phone. No adverts but currently a window about preferences on entry.
69 of 70  -   Report This Post

jennaralissima

26th September 2022, 12:17
27D ..taking 'A' + course (direction) from Exeter to Leeds. If you look on a map and draw a line between the two, you'll see that the direction is 'up North', or Not Exactly.
I thought this was quite clever, but maybe that's only because I got it!
70 of 70  -   Report This Post