CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

anniec

8th September 2010, 19:11
Laura - hope you do not take any notice of jelly-for-brains and many congratualtions on your win!

Rosie - the L is one of the letters that needs to be changed - i Have the answer but I'm still nto sure myself of the wordplay
11 of 17  -   Report This Post

tony

8th September 2010, 19:18
As anniec says this is a 'misprint' clue.

Lair is changed to Hair - COATS

Birds = Coaltits less (not) poorly LIT = COATS
12 of 17  -   Report This Post

newboy

8th September 2010, 19:19
Anniec

The birds - think of a fossil fuel
has lti in the middle (poorly lit) which letters have to be omitted.
I have completed the first verion of the grid but am struggling with the adjustment which has to be made.
13 of 17  -   Report This Post

anniec

8th September 2010, 19:28
Thanks Tony and Newboy - I was trying to work out a bird with "dim" somewhere in it (shows me not to be too clever and to read the clue properly!)

I am assuming for the second version you have to get rid of the frogs but am struggling with a grid that leaves proper words. Will keep on trying !
14 of 17  -   Report This Post

newboy

8th September 2010, 20:03
Anniec

Look for the Latin name for the bird from the misprints ie ??????????? rex.

Congratulations to Laura on your win.
15 of 17  -   Report This Post

laura

8th September 2010, 20:07
Hi again . Many thanks annie, I try to let it go over my head. Obviously whomever it is that's being offensive can't have. A better way to spend there time. I do struggle to see how asking for some help is cheating, I'm still learning. And I can assure you I wasn't bragging about winning, merely thanking k for sharing his knowledge. I'm away from work at the minute and the ev gives me something taxing to do.
Now I've had my little rant, I too am struggling to remove my frogs, I'm sure I've read the dictionary front to back today. I hope you're having more success than me.
Again, many thanks to all.
Laura.x
16 of 17  -   Report This Post

laura

8th September 2010, 20:19
Many thanks Newboy. I've just managed to complete it now, so I can put this to bed. I enjoy the challenge of the ev, so even if Im not sending it in, I shall carry on 'attempting' it. I sincerely hope that I have offended anyone, as I really do appreciate everyones advice.
Laura.x
17 of 17  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » Ev 931