CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mike

25th July 2010, 18:25
I have won the silver Cross fountain pen for 4388 and a very beautiful pen it is. As I often have recourse to use this site, a thank you to everybody who have helped me. This is my first win in 5 years, so perseverance pays off apparently !
1 of 13  -   Report This Post

ajt

25th July 2010, 18:30
Congratulations, Mike. Keep trying - sometimes lightning does strike twice!
2 of 13  -   Report This Post

trevor

25th July 2010, 18:31
5 years worth of stamps plus you'll probably knacker this pen addressing all the envelopes for the next 5 years -
Only joking, it is a thrill to get anything thats not a bill through the post, let alone a prize. Congrats,All the best, trevor.

ps. straight to Ebay?
3 of 13  -   Report This Post

mike

25th July 2010, 18:43
Actually Trefor, I collect fountain pens and this one will sit very nicely in my collection ! I did look on ebay to see how much it cost and apparently its the thick end of £310. It writes beautifully as well as looking the biz, so I shall hang on to it, at least until I ever hit hard times, which, who knows could be just around the corner.
4 of 13  -   Report This Post

trevor

25th July 2010, 18:58
Mike.
I remember having my first Parker Pen (thought i was very posh) I loved the smell of the ink - was it called Quink?
5 of 13  -   Report This Post

the joker

25th July 2010, 18:58
Well done Mike.
I have been submitting my entries for 40+ years and no prize ever won by me.
I had started to think that nobody actually did win and the winners names were fictitious.You have restored my faith in the Sunday Times!
TJ
6 of 13  -   Report This Post

suziem

25th July 2010, 19:06
Congrats, Mike, on your win. I'm chuffed to bits as well, as I have won some book tokens from this weeks Observer Everyman. I think I have also won some dictionaries as one of the first three winners. As I have sometimes asked for help on this site, many thanks. I can't stop smiling...!
Cheers
S
7 of 13  -   Report This Post

trevor

25th July 2010, 19:08
What kind of ink are you using TJ? Surely not lemon juice!!
you could try Quink.
8 of 13  -   Report This Post

trevor

25th July 2010, 19:13
Mike,SuzieM - I am smiling too now,honest.
9 of 13  -   Report This Post

sirlancelotsmudge

25th July 2010, 21:29
Yes, congratulations Mike...a lovely writing instrument indeed.
I've recently written the crossword club inquiring as to why there's a dearth of overseas winners lately. Alas, no reply.
10 of 13  -   Report This Post