CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT29

nimrod

14th July 2010, 17:29
I have decided to have delivery of the Radio Times on Tuesdays toget abit more of a head start on the puzzle. I'm addicted! This one took about 40 mins. some nice clues but quite straight forward. Only 6d (awful clue) & 16a (vague clue) were difficult. i liked 7a & 19d.
Did see the spread on Caravaggio. What a boy! Not the sort of person to run into late at night after a few beers.I wonder if this will bring out the Carravaggists out of the woodwork?
11 of 14  -   Report This Post

philip

14th July 2010, 18:16
NIMROD
6d was actually hidden in the clue. There is always one and you have to look for a series of words that make less sense than normal.
John
Hope you enjoyed the cruise. I too have done cruise crosswords and they often have american spellings that make them impossible for us Brits.
Caravaggio sorry the RT scared me so much just dare not venture onto any other site about you.

Back to the RT. Glad averyone though the creeper clue was terrible. Thought it was me at first

PHILIP
12 of 14  -   Report This Post

nimrod

14th July 2010, 19:40
Philip, thanks for your help. I have certainly found, over the past few months, that is deciphering the thought waves and patterns (if there are any!) of the compiler that is all important in cracking the crossword.
However, to more important issues; "Mad, bad and dangerous to know" - is this really the RT Prize Crossword pundit that we all so admire??
13 of 14  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

14th July 2010, 21:57
Hi Philip,

Yes it was great. The sunny weather followed us all the way. It was 25C in Stavanger on the last day, but with a nice sea breeze so not feeling too hot.

Our youngest son got engaged whilst we were away, so there's a wedding next spring.
14 of 14  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT29