CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jojo

9th September 2018, 14:42
I also share your thoughts about Monty1, Dougglos, 99 inside
a couple of days, just one driving me crazy, plenty of ideas, but just can't parse it, oh well,I will struggle on with Hammond.
11 of 29  -   Report This Post

nonplussed

9th September 2018, 15:03
Blimey! Well done quizzers. I'm only about half way. But on my own. My other half not interested in quizzes or crosswords, so no one to bump ideas with.
12 of 29  -   Report This Post

malone

9th September 2018, 15:27
Nonplussed, I'm like you - a solo solver and only about halfway through. I used to rush through it, but decided there was no need - with the closing date being months away, I can take my time.
13 of 29  -   Report This Post

job1980

18th September 2018, 09:11
I’m also a solo solver. I don’t know how some of you can solve all these clues in so little days. Please let me know your secret. I only managed 51 so far.
14 of 29  -   Report This Post

dougglos

18th September 2018, 15:01
job 1980 - No great secret! Retired several years, solo solver, really good selection of reference books - plus lots of patience! Keep at it!
15 of 29  -   Report This Post

job1980

18th September 2018, 16:38
Thanks Douglas. I have the trusted Oxford Dictionary plus a crossword solver book plus I use many web pages. Trouble with me is that when I have this idea in my head I can’t get it out of my head and then I spend ages on playing around with it either to prove I’m right or I’m was wrong like with one of the clues.
16 of 29  -   Report This Post

radar56

19th September 2018, 10:33
This is SO good to see!!
I too have completed 99 of these brilliant clues, I have a possible answer for the remaining one, but seriously doubt it is correct!!
Have put the quiz to one side to give the brain cells to re-group and then maybe if I look at it again in a few weeks, I will see the light!!
17 of 29  -   Report This Post

marmalade

19th September 2018, 16:52
Interesting to see all your comments. We have friends who also enjoy the Rainbow quiz, so it’s a bit competitive to see who can get the most before we meet over a drink to pool ideas. We still need 4 and I am definitely stuck but shall probably be begging for hints at the appropriate time! But it is another brilliant quiz, well done Neville,
18 of 29  -   Report This Post

delta

22nd September 2018, 15:38
I too am a regular doing the the Rainbow quiz. I am pleased to see that the comments are confined to general observations and not requests for help. I completed my last question on Friday 22nd (Number 69).Good luck to you all.
19 of 29  -   Report This Post

radar56

28th September 2018, 08:50
Greetings Delta!

I am REALLY struggling with my last answer - number 69!!

Like you, I don't want any help JUST yet, but nearer the time I hope I can reach out to you for a clue or two !?!

Thanks
20 of 29  -   Report This Post