CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

paul

13th July 2018, 16:29
We have a three way tie between Spike,SW, and Marty - with just Marty left to vote!
He may not have seen about the time changes so if anyone can let him know of the mighty responsibility bestowed upon his shoulders I would be very grateful....
41 of 64  -   Report This Post

bigbadmarty2

13th July 2018, 17:11
Chris #3
42 of 64  -   Report This Post

paul

13th July 2018, 18:23
Ok thanks Marty for passing the buck!

We have a 4-way tie between Chris, Marty, SW, and Spike, with 2 votes also for Steve albeit it spread over 2 clues, and a vote for Mattrom.

Just edging it for me is the (relatively) new boy, Spike, with his superb

"Got the wrong vein at first, albeit similar. Bruising assured"

Your prize is inevitably related

:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_SyKtSjjNQ&feature=share

Commiserations to the others, hope we can keep this timing in the future as there are barely any entries after 11 anyway, it means same-day congrats, and its early enough for NZ/AUS and late enough for US to vote/celebrate together. Aristo will have to put his thinking cap on hard on Thursday...
43 of 64  -   Report This Post

chrise

13th July 2018, 18:49
Congrats spike - first win? (Would have been my third choice.)Thanks paul - cooking, so no time to look at the prize yet.

Thanks very much to the "2s" for the votes - spike and BBM!
44 of 64  -   Report This Post

spike2

13th July 2018, 19:23
I'm truly bowled over being chosen as the winner, especially when I look at the other great entries. It's my second week and am enjoying reading the incredibly well thought out clues.

Thanks to Paul for setting this weeks entry and for the prize which made it all worthwhile!

Thanks also to those who voted for me, much appreciated.

I realise now that I have to come up with something for next week. However, being the `new boy`, as Paul puts it, I wonder is there a list of previous settings, as I don't want to run the risk of repeating?

Thanks again, and I look forward to seeing your replies to my post next Thursday.
45 of 64  -   Report This Post

stevea6000

13th July 2018, 19:33
Congrats, spike - it's always a pleasure to have voted for the winner, albeit aided by albeit!

Thanks for causing yourself the judgement of Solomon, Paul.

Thanks for the votes, mattrom and sw, and for the mention, Nemo.
47 of 64  -   Report This Post

spike2

13th July 2018, 19:47
Thanks Chris,. Yes, first win.
Great comp!
48 of 64  -   Report This Post

spike2

13th July 2018, 20:02
Thanks for your kind words, Steve - and for your vote!
49 of 64  -   Report This Post

geevo

13th July 2018, 20:33
Well done spike2
50 of 64  -   Report This Post