CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

ginge

18th May 2018, 19:31
A clear winner is mattrom @ 8 with

Stop pouring after sailor promises to get sober

All you clever folk will be well aware that the challenge and facetious are 2 words that include all 5 vowels in order and I considered a clip showing the complexities of the English language as your prize but I stumbled across this;

https://youtu.be/8XGLAui1iscrom
41 of 54  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

18th May 2018, 19:39
Excellent clue, mattrom. Thanks, ginge. Your vote is greatly appreciated, bigbad.
Quite the clip. I prefer Dame Janet Baker's version.
42 of 54  -   Report This Post

stevea6000

18th May 2018, 20:13
Congrats, mattrom, that's a nice clue. Thanks, ginge - apologies for not voting, I'm not somewhere I can easily access the internet. Thanks for the mention, Paul.
43 of 54  -   Report This Post

geevo

18th May 2018, 20:21
Well done mattrom
44 of 54  -   Report This Post

rossim

18th May 2018, 20:51
Nice clue Mattrom.
Thanks for hosting Ginge.
45 of 54  -   Report This Post

pigale

18th May 2018, 21:12
Congratulations Mattrom and thanks Ginge for the challenge
46 of 54  -   Report This Post

mattrom

18th May 2018, 22:21
A big thank you to Aristo, Skyewalker, Geevo, Paul and Tatters for your votes.
Cheers, Ginge - enjoyed the clip. I had a wry smile at the refrain.

See you all next week.
47 of 54  -   Report This Post

fieryjack

18th May 2018, 22:29
Apologies for not getting back in time but I don't think my vote would have changed anything
Congratulations Mattrom a worthy winner and thank you for the vote
Cheers Ginge for the word!!??!!
To Pigale and Paul mercy buckets
48 of 54  -   Report This Post

skyewalker

18th May 2018, 23:44
Nice one, Mattrom! Cheers, Ginge. Many thanks, Rossim and Pigale for the votes. Much appreciated.

(Re the prize, Ginge, I appreciate that the song is relevant to your choice of word for the challenge. I like to think I have a pretty eclectic, or catholic with a small "c", taste in music. There are, however, some things I balk at, e.g. country music songs with lyrics a!ong the lines of "I'd just come back from radiotherapy when they told me my dog had died." Somewhere in "rap" there is surely a silent "c" and what is commonly termed "sampling" is "replace current unit with hot beverage" in that word).

49 of 54  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

19th May 2018, 00:37
skyewalker: The degradation of African-American culture is one of the saddest things imaginable- but then look at our culture. My choir is always commenting on how often I choose settings of spirituals; they're just truly beautiful and moving. How did violent, misogynistic filth ever evolve from this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vpy2cJhpUc
50 of 54  -   Report This Post