CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

prospero

3rd April 2018, 12:59
I was confused by that too and it worried me overnight - but I have submitted the two words, repeated as they are and will just have to hope it was a bit tautologous ....
11 of 32  -   Report This Post

nikki

3rd April 2018, 16:21
Got back to it this morning. I am reluctantly giving in (at least for a few days!). I can't get anything to jig-saw together. Makes no sense to me. Especially 8d, which I feel may be a key.
12 of 32  -   Report This Post

teenieleek

3rd April 2018, 17:14
All filled in except SW corner where I need one more of each. I have biblical one at 25ac (from 9) but can’t see where to put another. 22ac looks likely for a themed one from the other set, ending in ve but then cant seem to match others. A push in the right direction would be appreciated and I can’t find the hunks.
13 of 32  -   Report This Post

prospero

3rd April 2018, 18:34
you are right about 22, tl. Hunks can be found in Wiktionary. 27 is also themed.
14 of 32  -   Report This Post

crucifer

3rd April 2018, 18:38
Hunks was my last one in, teenieleek. It is a singular noun, and it is in Chambers. I'd never heard of it!
15 of 32  -   Report This Post

teenieleek

3rd April 2018, 19:37
Thanks folks, 22ac as I thought, 27ac grrrr. Haven’t really married them all up and my 32 letter sentence looks like gobbledegook but I’ve completed the grid. Must have a few incorrect extras but I’ll sort that out tomorrow.
16 of 32  -   Report This Post

uncle_w

5th April 2018, 15:48
Have struggled with this one but finally managed to complete the grid. Can someone kindly confirm that the 32 extra letters are as follows ;
'AMICIPROCTAARRANGEMENTWINEOFNOTE'
The front end up to 'arrangement......' appears to be an anagram of some sort or I have some errors somewhere. Cheers
17 of 32  -   Report This Post

ixion

5th April 2018, 17:25
uncle_w

No anagram required, in the word "MICIPROCTA" which defines the relationship between the exchanges you have the first and last two letters wrong.
18 of 32  -   Report This Post

uncle_w

5th April 2018, 18:59
Thank you ixion for your response. However, you have 'M' as your first letter . Does this mean my 'M' is wrong or my 'A' as I'm fairly confident that extra letter in 1across is 'A' from 'TEA'. Hope this makes sense!
19 of 32  -   Report This Post

ixion

5th April 2018, 19:27
The A is fine...the wrong uns are in the extract I have copy pasta'd
20 of 32  -   Report This Post