CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chris4food

30th June 2010, 16:41
Hi all, don't knock it - it usually takes me ages to complete - and then with some assistance... So it was great I completed it all on my own, during Tuesday afternoon - that was whilst watching the footie AND having a nap. Yayy - there's still life in the old dog.... To be honest, I thought this week's was relatively easy if I could complete it so quickly....
6 of 14  -   Report This Post

butterfly

1st July 2010, 23:45
Managed this one fairly quickly too - and didn't get stuck on the last clue like I usually do. Funny, 3d was the first one I got and I agree it was a good clue.
7 of 14  -   Report This Post

dg_gremlin

3rd July 2010, 18:36
Hi,
Took me a leisurely 50 mins. It took me a while to get started but no major problems. Some good clues:
1d 3d 8a 12a 14a. Don't really want a Blu-ray player so its a bit pointless...
DG
8 of 14  -   Report This Post

nimrod

3rd July 2010, 19:22
Finished in about 50 mins last night. Took the disappointment out of having watched Murray soundly beaten by an excellent opponent. Felt right chuffed with myself, until I read the comments that most found it easy and straight forward! Never mind, at least I didn't get stuck in one of the corners, as usually happens. 3d was a good clue but one of the first I got. As an historian from the Midlands, I liked 4d and 16d.
9 of 14  -   Report This Post

old gal

3rd July 2010, 22:49
As and old gal from the midlands, please give me a little extra clue for 4d - am stuck with this - think its an anagram but no success.
10 of 14  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

4th July 2010, 08:18
Hi Old Gal,

From time to time, we can see that it's an anagram and [the way I was taught to do it] write down the letters in a circle and then spend ages working out what the answer is. However, there is a quicker way.

The Universal Anagram Solver site is wonderful for solving the names of characters who appear in the Radio Times crosswords and is ideal for solving this answer too. Yes, you're right there is an anagram involved but you'll need to add l[a]d too.

So, feed the letters for 'Fire bowshot' and ld into The Universal Anagram Solver and see what you get!

With kind regards,

Caravaggio
11 of 14  -   Report This Post

nimrod

4th July 2010, 11:15
Yes, it is an anagram with the letters provided by Caraveggio. I try to avoid "cheating" on the Anagram solver so: think of the name of a famous battle in the Midlands, vividly portrayed by Shakespeare, that has a king desperately looking for a horse!
12 of 14  -   Report This Post

nimrod

4th July 2010, 11:17
Sorry! Caravaggio spelt your name incorrectly.
13 of 14  -   Report This Post

old gal

4th July 2010, 22:52
Oh dear - as an ardent supporter of Richard III I should have got this!!!! I also like to work the anagrams out myself but usually put down the letters in groups of 3 or 4 - find it really works!
14 of 14  -   Report This Post