CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

griffin

10th March 2018, 13:18
Thanks. I have just worked out the parsing for my solution
11 of 22  -   Report This Post

salix

10th March 2018, 16:13
I found this crossword relatively easy for a prize and thank you for help with 20 ac which I wouldn’t have got.
I have one left - 12d and would appreciate any assistance please , hints.
Partner of footballer always tackling scorer, one has a job.
Is the answer someone’s name? I have ?a?e?a?n?r
12 of 22  -   Report This Post

malone

10th March 2018, 16:16
No, it's not someone's name - it's an occupation (an old one, not needed nowadays). Think of the three letter word/acronym for 'partner of footballer' and take it from there. The 'scorer' is musical, not sport.
13 of 22  -   Report This Post

chrise

10th March 2018, 16:16
Not someone's name. "Partner of footballer" is an acronym from a World Cup that we actually took part in.
14 of 22  -   Report This Post

malone

10th March 2018, 16:18
Salix, half of my post is rubbish - that's what I get for listening to rugby chat at the same time! The answer is just a word for someone 'who has a job'. The partner of footballer bit was correct.
15 of 22  -   Report This Post

salix

10th March 2018, 16:24
Wow that was quick. Thank you Malone & ChrisE. Finished now. I was making it harder for myself- doh!
16 of 22  -   Report This Post

chrise

10th March 2018, 16:38
@malone
No, I think you wre right - think Ru;e Britannia[.i]
17 of 22  -   Report This Post

cerasus

10th March 2018, 17:30
^^
18 of 22  -   Report This Post

malone

10th March 2018, 18:03
ChrisE, I missed you earlier - too many helpings of Spam! No, I HAD gone wrong - despite knowing the correct answer, a wrong one (beginning Wag and ending Eer) came to mind and I provided information on that one. My correction, apology, was definitely needed!
19 of 22  -   Report This Post

roof

10th March 2018, 23:27
Hi Chrise
I didn't get started on this until after 6.00pm and then had to break off to cook and eat dinner and watchthe scandi noir on the telly. Fortunately it was an easy one.
Like many of you I got stuck on the last one, 20ac. Thanks for the hint. But it is not a palindrome. I think you mean onomatopoeic. You threw me for a bit, but then I realised the word could not be symmetrical from the letters I'd got.
Finished now.
20 of 22  -   Report This Post