CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rossim

10th December 2017, 12:23
I solved it by the wordplay and then looked it up. New term for me too.
21 of 26  -   Report This Post

rossim

10th December 2017, 13:33
I always assumed Imogen was a female setter but can't find him/her on any lists.
22 of 26  -   Report This Post

cerasus

10th December 2017, 13:39
Imogen is the pseudonym for Richard Browne who also sets crosswords for the Times
23 of 26  -   Report This Post

cerasus

10th December 2017, 13:41
Richard BROWNE

Richard Browne is a setter of crosswords in The Times. (including Times Quick Cryptic crosswords as Teazel) and in The Guardian (as Imogen).

Richard was the Times crossword editor from 2002 to January 2014, when he was succeeded by Richard Rogan.

He created the times2 crossword in that paper in 1993 and compiled it for the following nine years.

He has formerly set crosswords for The Daily Telegraph (1995-2003), for the Financial Times (as Antares). and for The Independent (as Victor), but had to cease contributing to these papers when he became the Times crossword editor.

Richard lives on the Hampshire Coast. He is an enthusiastic singer of classical choral music and performs regularly in Winchester with the Waynflete Singers, with whom he has made several CDs and performed at the Proms. He is also a keen walker and a lifelong Chelsea fan.
24 of 26  -   Report This Post

rossim

10th December 2017, 13:53
Thanks Cerasus.
I think we sometimes forget they're real people.
It is a girl's name though!
25 of 26  -   Report This Post

roof

10th December 2017, 21:19
Thanks for this. A friend gave me the answer. It was a new one on me.
26 of 26  -   Report This Post