CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

bigbadmarty2

8th November 2017, 18:26
M celebrates the demise of a traitor (7,5)

(noveMber ?)
31 of 48  -   Report This Post

skyewalker

8th November 2017, 18:33
Thanks, everyone, for taking part. Looks like we've ended up with a respectable 27 clues from 15 setters. Good on you all!

Pigale was particularly prolific with 5 entries. I especially liked her "Feu de joie." Hadn't heard the term before. Despite some of their other entries being stronger, I enjoyed SteveA, Paul and Seamus vying for the title of "Smutmeister Supreme." PeterM's "Guy in blazer" was a nice touch. There were some excellent anagrams, subtractive or otherwise, from various contributors, especially Ginge @22 then, like buses, 3 in a row @25-27 from therogue, ChriseE and FJ. Mattrom's 2 entries at the death were both worthy. My favourite is therogue @25 with the brilliant

When to celebrate with bangers 'n' mash (nothing with fibre)

Your prize is the unfortunate occasion when, due to a technical problem, the annual Oban display went awry. I'm sure many of us can sympathise with those who, expecting fireworks, find everything's all over in less than a minute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6QtigLJD_4

Best wishes, all

SW
32 of 48  -   Report This Post

seamus, ayrshire

8th November 2017, 18:39
Congratulations therogue, a brilliant clue, and thanks to skyewalker for judging and the mention.
33 of 48  -   Report This Post

chrise

8th November 2017, 18:49
Congrats therogue - looked like a winner to me when I saw it. Thanks, SW - I thought it was a pretty good display!
34 of 48  -   Report This Post

skyewalker

8th November 2017, 18:55
@BBM2

Didn't see your (too) late entry until after I'd posted. I'm ashamed to say, even with your additional hint, it took a while for the PDM. Very good!
35 of 48  -   Report This Post

mattrom

8th November 2017, 19:12
Great clue, Therogue. Thanks, SW
36 of 48  -   Report This Post

ginge

8th November 2017, 19:17
Nice therogue, cheers skyewalker.
37 of 48  -   Report This Post

ab

8th November 2017, 19:22
Congratulations, Therogue. Thank you, Skyewalker.
38 of 48  -   Report This Post

pigale

8th November 2017, 19:32
Well done Therogue, very smooth clue.

Thanks Skyewalker for the mention and for the word -
It did inspire me and even if most of my clues were rubbish, I
certainly enjoyed myself!
39 of 48  -   Report This Post

therogue

8th November 2017, 19:37
Thanks SW that's a very pleasant surprise! The Oban display must've been a bit of an embarrassment for the organizers, bet someone got a rocket over that!
Cheers to all, see you next week.
40 of 48  -   Report This Post