CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

laura

16th June 2010, 17:19
Many thanks k. The penny has dropped very loudly. I've been struggling also with the words that lead to the final word and the adaption to the grid. Am I right in thinking I am to switch the sides of the grid? And is it a hyphanated word at the bottom? Sorry to be a nuisance, Im getting there, just slowly learning.
Thanks againg k.x
11 of 21  -   Report This Post

k

16th June 2010, 17:32
Pleased to be able to help Laura.

The word to be placed beneath the grid is hyphenated (as I verified in ODQ), and represents Go - Getters!
You are so near to finally cracking it that I'll just say that the extra letters spelling out the instruction 'CHANGE THE ? ORDER ......' will give you what's required.

Stay with it -nearly done.

K x
12 of 21  -   Report This Post

laura

16th June 2010, 19:57
I like to try to get as far as I can before I ask for help, but the word play in quite a few of the clues in this one have driven me 'batty'. The last couple of words are still not screaming at me, I think I may fall asleep with dictionary in hand. We have the spectator to look forward to next!
Much appreciation k. x
13 of 21  -   Report This Post

k

16th June 2010, 20:13
I agree. I got caught out with one of the extra letters and felt quite bowled over when it eventually clicked. I hate being stumped with any crossword but at times I felt like I should run out into the street screaming 'Bring on the Spectator'!
14 of 21  -   Report This Post

laura

17th June 2010, 10:05
Morning k. I really appologise for beig obsessive, but I've slept on the ev, and I'm not entirly happy with the alteration to the grid, and wondered if you could confirm what I should be doing in the centre of it.
Many thanks, yet again!
X
15 of 21  -   Report This Post

k

17th June 2010, 10:55
Good morning,Laura.

No apology necessary; I know exactly how you feel.

You should be able to make an anagram of the letters in the middle column to agree with the words placed below the grid.

Hope that enables you to put this Ev to bed!
16 of 21  -   Report This Post

laura

17th June 2010, 12:43
It's definatly put to bed now.you've been great thanks k.
17 of 21  -   Report This Post

new boy

19th June 2010, 00:18
I am still not sure how to change the middle column and still leave real words. How many letters have to be changed?
18 of 21  -   Report This Post

laura

19th June 2010, 13:41
The centre column is an anagram of the word for underneath the grid. This ev drove me mad. Hope you manage to complete it.X
19 of 21  -   Report This Post

new boy

19th June 2010, 14:35
Many thanks, Laura

I had the word that must be written under the grid but not the quotation (although I think it must be taken from Francis Thompson's poem 'At Lord's') so I am still not sure how the grid has to be modified. Any hints will be much appreciated.
20 of 21  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » EV 919