CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

aldo65

24th October 2017, 10:14
Ref. Besom's post (36)....How wonderful that his Aunt is still tackling the WS in her 98th year? Even more impressive that she used to complete it without a dictionary! Just wondering if any of us are able to complete it without assistance from a dictionary/internet. I know i cant
41 of 46  -   Report This Post

neill

24th October 2017, 13:42
Ian and arremay
I was puzzled by this clue also. Troopship is def the answer, and I believe refers to a poem written by Kipling as part of a collection of ballads/ poems post WW1. Opening lines refer to Troopships etc. Hope this helps. I agree with some of other contributors though- some of clues/ answers these days are really weird and contrived, and I certainly couldn't complete without help from you and other contributors. Thanks!
42 of 46  -   Report This Post

aldo65

24th October 2017, 13:49
Neill, I'm afraid 25a is not Troopship. The answer is more of a position/rating than an actual type of vessel
43 of 46  -   Report This Post

aldo65

24th October 2017, 13:59
Neill, my humblest apologies! For some crazy reason I was thinking you were referring to 25a when you said troopship. And, yes, your explanation for that answer is spot on
44 of 46  -   Report This Post

aldo65

24th October 2017, 14:04
Ian, cups and saucers could be referred to as tea-service. 60% of those letters, ie, six letters at the start, gives teaser
45 of 46  -   Report This Post

arremmay

24th October 2017, 17:14
Thanks for your contribution Neill.
46 of 46  -   Report This Post