CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

sudokulover

14th June 2010, 09:55
Well said K - your help is always greatly appreciated, particularly for me in Spectator, EV and Mephisto which I'm relatively new to them all.
21 of 25  -   Report This Post

terry

14th June 2010, 11:41
JimC's sweet words of common sense seem to be prevailing. And about time. This site is,after all,called "crossword clue solver" so it is hardly surprising if most people expect to get answers. Traffic on this site is fairly low and slow usually (compared to answerbank),by the time we have finished banning everything or refusing to help it will dwindle to nothing. Let's face it most of the regulars rarely ask for help themselves, they come on here to provide answers for others- because they love it. So the last thing they should want to do is to discourage posters.
22 of 25  -   Report This Post

sallyw

14th June 2010, 14:09
FAC that was a bit nasty. Did you get out of bed the wrong side? Crosswords and other puzzles are a bit of fun and an excellent workout for the brain, but there's no need for such venom. K I find that a complete answer with explanation can help me to analyse the way a crossword setter's mind works especially an unfamiliar one. As to other coments about the unseemly quickness of postings on this site, sometimes when you've tried all possibilities, including dictionaries which are classed as cheating by some crossword purists, then you want to get on and by posting and receiving help then you can. Not everyone has the time or inclination to spend all week on one crossword, and what about all the others that are published every week, not to mention crossword books? I always enjoy this site for the intelligent, helpful answers and the polite acknowledgement of help received and appreciated. I hope we don't start to get curmdgeonly posts on a regular basis over something that is supposed to be a pleasurable leisure pursuit and not a blood sport.
23 of 25  -   Report This Post

bathtub

14th June 2010, 15:48
I agree. However one feels about sharing or not sharing answers, the point is that this is voluntary. Anyone who doesn't want to know the answer can choose to look away now... anyone who wants to give or receive it is likewise free to do so.
And yes, it's just a bit of fun (or at least I thought it was).
24 of 25  -   Report This Post

sallyw

14th June 2010, 15:52
Well said Bathtub. There's enough sniping and nastiness out there without bringing it into a forum. And the clue is there in the title of the website which is a crossword clue solver, so if a contributor wants to help someone by passing on an answer then there's nothing wrong with that.
25 of 25  -   Report This Post