CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jws

6th October 2017, 22:07
well done mattrom and thanks to SW for hosting
51 of 67  -   Report This Post

skyewalker

6th October 2017, 22:19
My original choice of word for this week's challenge was going to be REFLECTION, but I checked back and found it had already been used. The prize was to be the following:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6WSLG5r-wE

At the beginning, the drummer plays vibraphone, the guitarist plays recorder, the bassist plays violin, the keyboardist (who now gives guitar lessons) plays cello, the lead vocalist, who is proficient on guitar and saxophone, does nothing (lazy so-and-so). All five members of the band sing. Believe it or not, this is what evolved from Simon Dupree and the Big Sound.
52 of 67  -   Report This Post

skyewalker

6th October 2017, 22:24
@ChrisE

They always were a "Marmite" band :-)
53 of 67  -   Report This Post

chrise

6th October 2017, 22:26
SW
Back in the 70s I thought this was pretentious c***, and time hasn't altered my opinion.

Very sorry!
54 of 67  -   Report This Post

dorrien

6th October 2017, 23:06
Well done mattrom again and thanks for the vote - BBM as well
Thanks for hosting Skye. Good word choice.
The prize has not had my attention yet!
55 of 67  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

6th October 2017, 23:07
Congratulations to the lovely mattrom, and thanks, skyewalker.

mattrom: I'm reading Arthur Upfield's Death of a Lake, hadn't read it in 25-30 years. What a book- you can just feel the Australian heat.
56 of 67  -   Report This Post

pigale

6th October 2017, 23:16
Well done, mattrom! Thanks Skyewalker for hosting and a good
word.
57 of 67  -   Report This Post

stevea6000

6th October 2017, 23:34
Congrats, mattrom. Thanks, sw - though I'm another non-fan of GG, sorry! I remember the album cover of a large bald-headed fellow.

Thanks to ginge and fj for the votes, and to Paul, dorrien and mattrom for the mentions.
58 of 67  -   Report This Post

ab

6th October 2017, 23:38
Congratulations Mattrom. Thank you, Skyewalker.
59 of 67  -   Report This Post

mattrom

7th October 2017, 00:03
Thanks for everything, Skyewalker. I enjoyed the instruments in 'On Reflection' - almost a mediaeval sound.
Thanks also to Chrise, Stevea, Seamus, JWS and Dorrien for your votes, and to Pigale, Paul, Ginge and FJ for the mention. All very much appreciated.

Aristo, that's testing the memory! I think it is about 40 years since I read that book. I do remember liking his descriptions of the landscape.

Cheers till next week.
60 of 67  -   Report This Post