CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

seamus, ayrshire

4th October 2017, 17:27
Unknown delight I'll stir into gloss (4,3,4)
21 of 37  -   Report This Post

seamus, ayrshire

4th October 2017, 17:35
'Light' I'd yell out for a false shine (4,3,4)
22 of 37  -   Report This Post

bigbadmarty2

4th October 2017, 17:40
Go overboard and put on a film before the shoot ! (4,3,4)
23 of 37  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

4th October 2017, 17:52
Wow. I'd like to talk about all of these great clues, but I'm at my island house (in Penobscot Bay) with only my phone, which hates my large fingers. There were the usual gems from mattrom (loved the leaf- wasn't sure if the clue was naughty); chrise shocked me with the revelation that the expression originated in Newark (which I know primarily from its disgusting airport, which could certainly use some gilding); fiery had me bewildered at first, as I was trying to make a CIA connection with his Langley; skye pulled off a nice drag act... I was torn between les's and ginge's superbly baroque subtractives, and then ixion weighed in with a corker, and then peterm with his glorious winner:

Sounding gutted, they take in ill-tempered display with unnecessary refinement (4,3,4)

Could you share the prize with les? He may like to keep a fuller video record of his adventurous jaunts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vGcH0Bk3hg
24 of 37  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

4th October 2017, 17:59
Oh my! I must apologize. I did see seamus's entries but missed bigbad's also excellent clue. I have a small window of posting opportunity and took a chance doing it early, since I kept losing what I'd written.

Thanks so much, everyone. I feel that you all ramped it up a bit. Inspired.
25 of 37  -   Report This Post

chrise

4th October 2017, 18:15
Congrats to the joint winners! Some great clues here.

Thanks aristo. I hope that you didn't think it rude of me to allude to the original Shakespeare line!
26 of 37  -   Report This Post

skyewalker

4th October 2017, 18:41
Nice one, PeterM! Cheers, Aristo, and thanks for the mention. That clip - surely it's from a sci-fi movie? :-) Amazing bit of gear.
27 of 37  -   Report This Post

ginge

4th October 2017, 18:50
Would also have got the nod from me peterm, cheers aristo.
28 of 37  -   Report This Post

ixion

4th October 2017, 19:09
Congrats peterm, thanks aristo
29 of 37  -   Report This Post

mattrom

4th October 2017, 19:13
Congratulations to Peterm, and to the runner-up, Ixion.
Thanks, Aristo, for the mention (any inference is in the mind of the reader), and the words.
My dogs react to the sound of drones when they are inaudible to me - must be something to do with the frequency.
30 of 37  -   Report This Post