CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

kemlo

6th June 2010, 18:35
and when you suggested "prohans", you had, I think, overlooked the instruction to reverse "pro" - though, not having the clue before me, I cannot be sure
11 of 18  -   Report This Post

karen

6th June 2010, 18:39
Hi Kemlo clue- Derprived people in favour of backing German (7) ?R?H?N? . If my other answers are correct, thought it might prehend, but dont know why.
12 of 18  -   Report This Post

karen

6th June 2010, 18:44
Sorry everone got it. Was not paying attention.
13 of 18  -   Report This Post

ajt

6th June 2010, 18:52
I thought I'd given you enough help to find the answer - obviously I was wrong.
14 of 18  -   Report This Post

terry

6th June 2010, 19:02
The answer is orphans.

This thread is a brilliant example of what happens when people can't be bothered to put in the clue. Everybody wastes their time when the answer would(should)have been obvious.
15 of 18  -   Report This Post

ajt

6th June 2010, 19:10
Hello Terry - You will see that I had given a further clue that to me seemed to give the answer easily.
I'm not at all happy about giving the answer to a clue from a prize crossword when it's only just been published - help, certainly, but you will have seen as well as I that there are times when a whole string of answers is requested for a prize crossword, - no letters given, so not much of an attempt can have been made to solve the clues.
16 of 18  -   Report This Post

terry

6th June 2010, 19:24
Hello AJT,

Leaving aside the whether to give answers or clues or neither,my moan is directed at the people who don't provide the clue and number of letters. If they are asked to provide them and don't, I see no reason why anybody should reply. But reply they do and so clueless questions go on being posted. And on and on and on and on........
17 of 18  -   Report This Post

ajt

6th June 2010, 19:31
Absolutely Terry - I don't respond when the clue and number of letters aren't given
18 of 18  -   Report This Post