CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

lumen

17th July 2017, 20:05
Surely what we have here is an undeclared or secret theme.
He (or she - unlikely given they are a fan of a very obscure 60's LP!) has tried and succeeded in creating a crossword that references almost every track on one rare album, but making it fully solvable to everyone! It was a good job. I presume it was Puck who gave us a similar San Francisco 'happening' crossword not so long ago.
41 of 50  -   Report This Post

david w

17th July 2017, 21:36
Sounds plausible Lumen, and if that is what Puck has done it is perhaps a bit better than the kind of theme where you google and get a lot of titles you've never heard of and complete most of the puzzle by fitting them to the crossers without bothering about the clues. But if that is indeed what Puck has done, what a waste of time and effort that could have gone into creating an enjoyable puzzle.
42 of 50  -   Report This Post

mamya

17th July 2017, 21:41
Well until someone tells us the theme , I for one can't comment on whether Puck was successful or not.

From a vanity point of view then - yes.
43 of 50  -   Report This Post

chrise

17th July 2017, 21:47
It would seem to be "The incredible String Band". I loved "The big huge", but all the others I heard didn't do much for me.

I've seen Robin Williamson (a later addition, I think) live, and he was very good.
44 of 50  -   Report This Post

david w

17th July 2017, 21:55
I've seen Cream, Electric Light Orcestra, and Muse in the puzzle. Where is The Incredible String Band referenced?
45 of 50  -   Report This Post

chrise

17th July 2017, 21:59
In 12d, david W. I'll wait for fifteensquared to explain all the references!
46 of 50  -   Report This Post

stevea6000

17th July 2017, 22:05
I am unfamiliar with this crossword, but it's been fun reading the postings. Yes I know, I need to get out more. Well, I got out to see Muse a year or two ago, and got out to have the immense pleasure of Cream's reunion concert (12 years ago!), an occasion to make one feel 18 again. I'm so glad ...
47 of 50  -   Report This Post

david w

17th July 2017, 22:05
Oops yes chrise. My reference to ELO was a mistake.
48 of 50  -   Report This Post

lumen

17th July 2017, 22:20
Incredible String Band#s second album is called - '5000 Spirits or
The Layers of the Onion'. Each track is mentioned either in the clues or answers.
49 of 50  -   Report This Post

mamya

17th July 2017, 22:41
Thank you for the info.
50 of 50  -   Report This Post