CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

elle

11th July 2017, 09:53
But, icauser, I was trying to HELP you when I pointed out that both spellings - center /centre - are in Chambers
(see posts 4 and 9)
This fact surely authenticated your puzzle?
I cannot see how this amounts to "ganging up on" and "arguing with" you?
And there is no call whatsoever to be rude and abusive , and call people names when they are trying to assist you.
I object strongly to being referred to as a "dumbass"!
I think you are extremely ill- mannered, and are hardly a good advocate for your country.
21 of 27  -   Report This Post

icauser44

11th July 2017, 10:34
I will take back what I said then and apologize, just to you, for your
well-written response back to me. Anyway, I went too far I will admit, but it was frustrating the first response back I get is the fact that one of the words apparently, is not a "REAL" word.

I have never heard of "Chambers" before, in case that is a word reference site (i.e. merriam's).

There was miscommunication and confusion btw certain American and British words. Usually the spelling is slightly diifferenbt (i.e., color and colour). Anyway, can you find a solution using only American words.

This may be the best location:

http://www.onelook.com/?d=all_gen
22 of 27  -   Report This Post

elle

11th July 2017, 10:52
Thank you, icauser, I accept your apology,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chambers_Dictionary
23 of 27  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

11th July 2017, 11:24
I have just logged in and seen this discussion.
I think if icauser44 had explained that he was an American, or was posting an American puzzle, it may have been of benefit. We have several American friends who use this site and none of them has ever used bad langauage, such as icauser44 has !
I am not certain, but have seen icauser44 on another site I use, and if this is the same person, he lives in Atlanta, Georgia. icauser44 can confirm if he wishes.
24 of 27  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

11th July 2017, 11:42
Having said that ........I have just opened my grandmother's Chambers 20th century dictionary dated 1912 and on page 152, shows:

Centre, Center (pronounced senter) the middle point of anything ......
25 of 27  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

11th July 2017, 13:28
I didn't read through the thread properly and I now see icauser did say he was in the USA, so ignore my comments. It is good that an apology was posted and accepted.
26 of 27  -   Report This Post

seamus, ayrshire

11th July 2017, 14:34
How about:

GARDEN
WARDEN
WARDER
WANDER
BANDER
BANTER
CANTER
CENTER