CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

galfridus

23rd May 2017, 16:24
I am surprised that there has not been a thread on the enjoyable puzzle. The only help I seek is the title of the film "_____ Lone." Home Alone would not seem to fit as the title should surely have been listed as "_______ _lone" However my searches for other titles thus far has been in vain.
1 of 8  -   Report This Post

galfridus

23rd May 2017, 16:26
Correction and apologies: My searches have thus far been in vain.
2 of 8  -   Report This Post

ginge

23rd May 2017, 16:55
Each of the 10 unclueds when inserted into the appropriate space produce rough (very roughappy in some cases) homophones of the known film. Using the example you give the "missing" sound/letter comes from the pronunciation of the last syliable of the associated unclued.
I hope this helps but if not I can give (a) specific example(s).
3 of 8  -   Report This Post

gazzar

23rd May 2017, 18:50
Ginge is right - some of the missing words to make the film titles sound only vaguely like the original title!
I have completed the grid and deduced the last few letters of the further partial film title from the 6 letter missing word found in therror grid. Backwards, I know...
I can't parse a couple of answers but hey ho...
4 of 8  -   Report This Post

cloverjo

24th May 2017, 12:09
Fun puzzle. I've got the grid filled and found the missing word and film title for the endgame, but can't see where the final T of the title comes from. Can anyone explain, without giving away too much to others still doing it?

Thanks.
5 of 8  -   Report This Post

cloverjo

24th May 2017, 12:12
Ok, just got it. As always, just after posting.
6 of 8  -   Report This Post

sunray

24th May 2017, 15:59
If I understand your question correctly:

T comes from 15D. Too much has a three letter abbreviation.
7 of 8  -   Report This Post

sunray

24th May 2017, 16:00
Sorry. Did not see your answer. Should have refreshed the page.
8 of 8  -   Report This Post