CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

simond9x

6th May 2017, 14:24
"I hate ghost anagrams too."

What, even 'Goths'??
11 of 28  -   Report This Post

ohcelt

6th May 2017, 14:25
Agree with the comments. I really can't be bothered with tricked up puzzles like this one. This whole device seems forced and artificial, and I will go and mow the grass instead.
12 of 28  -   Report This Post

rogissimo

6th May 2017, 18:35
I enjoyed it. The point is, I think, to add a further level of difficulty, requiring some lateral thinking.
What DOES annoy me is that the Guardian still haven't found a way of working the special instructions into the app versions of the crossword. So it took me a while to suspect that something else was going on, and a further while to find out what (as a google search for the crossword on my tablet kept returning me to the app).
13 of 28  -   Report This Post

pianoman83

7th May 2017, 09:13
Hi,

I struggle with prize ones at the best of times, so would someone be so kind as to tell me which clues apply to the special instructions?

I can then have a go at it without needing to worry about ones that need changing!

Thank you
14 of 28  -   Report This Post

mrsh

7th May 2017, 10:07
Hi
As lots of people leave the Prize til Sunday, it might not be fair to just send you the clue numbers. I started by putting in the solutions that couldn't reasonably have a synonym ( like 1 or 18 down, 10 or 27 across) The crossing letters they provide will show that you can't put in the solution you have deduced from the wordplay for other clues. I found the WP to be very fair.
13 was a new word for me but I understood what I was being asked to do and enlisted some software help. That is cheating for some, but if I learn something new, it's OK in my book!

Hope that helps you to get started!
15 of 28  -   Report This Post

cymro

7th May 2017, 12:48
It seems my last one - 3D - has troubled many. Floor wood beam (5) . I have G-U-Y. I've looked at the previous hints and am still clueless. Is it an abbreviation?
16 of 28  -   Report This Post

mamya

7th May 2017, 12:56
The clued word is a two letter abb, for floor + a tree - beam the definition.

You then need a synonym of that.
17 of 28  -   Report This Post

cymro

7th May 2017, 13:00
Yes, thanks, Mamya. I gathered that but am still clueless!
18 of 28  -   Report This Post

cymro

7th May 2017, 13:07
Sorry, Mamya, I get it at last.
19 of 28  -   Report This Post

mamya

7th May 2017, 13:08
Great!
20 of 28  -   Report This Post