CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mrsh

6th May 2017, 12:05
I found this puzzle a real challenge but I've almost made it. Frustratingly, one left: 3 down, Floor, wood, beam (5 letters)
I think it is one of the synonyms, so the crossing letters won't make much sense if you aren't looking at this crossword. However, I have g?u?y
Any hints?
Thanks!
1 of 28  -   Report This Post

jafo

6th May 2017, 12:07
It is one of the synonyms, first two words are the anagrind and third the definition.
2 of 28  -   Report This Post

jafo

6th May 2017, 12:09
Sorry don't think anagrind is the right word. First two words form the answer and third is the def.
3 of 28  -   Report This Post

simond9x

6th May 2017, 12:11
I left 3d too (with the same letters). Almost finished but didn't enjoy it at all. About 5 left to do but can't be bothered searching for more synonyms.
4 of 28  -   Report This Post

mackania

6th May 2017, 12:12
Concentrate on the answer based on the hint below and then you can parse it easier.

I don't like the way it parses if I'm honest.
5 of 28  -   Report This Post

simond9x

6th May 2017, 12:15
Sorry, didn't mean to sound so grumpy! :-) Just disappointed as I look forward to the Prize crosswords and this one didn't do it for me.
6 of 28  -   Report This Post

mrsh

6th May 2017, 12:22
No, not grumpy! Thanks to everyone I have an answer for 3d although the abbreviation is new to me.

Having plodded through this, I could give some pointers on the synonyms unless that would be too soon and spoiling other people's fun...
7 of 28  -   Report This Post

chrise

6th May 2017, 12:41
I didn't bother to attempt this, as I make it a rule not to do puzzles where the solution to a clue is not what is entered in the grid!
8 of 28  -   Report This Post

jafo

6th May 2017, 12:45
I tend to agree. With this one I found myself spending more time trying to figure out what the original answers were rather than what goes in the grid.
9 of 28  -   Report This Post

rossim

6th May 2017, 14:17

I agree Chris. What's the point?
I hate ghost anagrams too.
10 of 28  -   Report This Post