CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

?

31st May 2010, 00:45
top man joker top lady mamya.
11 of 23  -   Report This Post

kemlo

31st May 2010, 00:45
What is OP, Mamya?
12 of 23  -   Report This Post

mamya

31st May 2010, 00:58
Original Poster (of the thread)
13 of 23  -   Report This Post

the joker

31st May 2010, 01:01
Mamya
I take your point and perhaps Loobyloos intention was to speak to the OP,but it came across to me that he was getting at us on this site.
I don't think that I am as tolerant or understanding a person as you.
Thinks I should forsake golf for knitting.

Kemlo
OP stands for original poster,I think.
14 of 23  -   Report This Post

mamya

31st May 2010, 01:13
Indeed I do think Loobyloos was aiming for the OP and we cannot know all the quizzes, if people sneak them in under a different heading such as "Local Quiz" (thats a popular one) we answer not knowing, but theres no blame on the answerers.
If I recognise a particular quiz and it has a long date I refrain or may point out "Do you mean ??? quiz" and add the closing date, or indeed with many quizzes I prefer to give an extra clue. But I am an oddbod LOL
15 of 23  -   Report This Post

kemlo

31st May 2010, 10:43
thank you for your explnations of OP.
16 of 23  -   Report This Post

sammy

31st May 2010, 10:43
What is BW? (That's for JimC).

17 of 23  -   Report This Post

kemlo

31st May 2010, 10:45
-and my apologies for inferior proof-reading. Here is the missing letter from my earlier message:a.
18 of 23  -   Report This Post

?

31st May 2010, 11:14
Can any of you regulars tell me whether there is a convention regarding answering cryptic clues on this site? On the rare occasions that I see the solution I prefer to give the answer without explanation so that the OP (like it Mamya) can have some fun working out the wordplay for himself. If not he can always ask. But I see others spelling everything out in detail. Any ideas?
19 of 23  -   Report This Post

jimc

31st May 2010, 11:32
Hi.

@Sammy ... 'BW' = Best Wishes.

@? .... I'm not aware of a convention regarding answering cryptic clues on this site other than trying to follow the OP's request ('help' or 'clues, not answers' etc...). If OPs were always complete and precise in their initial requests that would be great, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

BW
JimC
20 of 23  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » Confused