CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

malone

26th March 2017, 15:04
...Sunray, I found it impossible to give just 'hints' to the parsing, and these clues seemed to be bothering others too.
21 of 26  -   Report This Post

shellraine

27th March 2017, 08:51
Have now completed this (with various bits of your help along the way - thank you all. I have two forests, rivers, creatures which are all removed before entry but then have 4 anagrammed, two of which could be linked as 'areas' but the last two at 4a and 20d I cannot see a connection between. One is a cricketing position and the other either a cut of meat or part of a vessel at sea. Help!
22 of 26  -   Report This Post

tomsdad

27th March 2017, 10:48
Shellraine, they are both anagrams of clue answers from two of the categories listed in the quotation. One is 'climate' and the other is 'land'.
23 of 26  -   Report This Post

tomsdad

27th March 2017, 10:50
In fact all 4 anagrams are similarly linked.
24 of 26  -   Report This Post

martianalien

31st March 2017, 14:49
Nelson, regarding 2D, I have a 10-letter word meaning 'forming a semi-solid mass' from which I can remove 5 letters BUT they do not constitute a real word; they are a jumble of GENOA. The resultant 5 letters fit the grid, but I do not understand its significance of the word.
25 of 26  -   Report This Post

trackerpup

31st March 2017, 15:43
2d Scottish peasant can be cotter, with third letter of milk in, gives unusual word for forming mass
26 of 26  -   Report This Post