CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

beepy

26th February 2017, 17:09
I believe Hedge-sparrow's stance on the matter is made abundantly clear. The stance is not the entire phrase, but the phrase completion to be entered below the grid.
21 of 28  -   Report This Post

meursault

26th February 2017, 19:53
Yes, I thought as much. If it's a question of saying why something isn't a good idea, then there's a different approach from that of saying why something is a good idea. If you wanted to praise the theme project you wouldn't even mention the comparatively small amount of forestry required...you'd perhaps highlight the positives for communities further north.
22 of 28  -   Report This Post

smithsax

26th February 2017, 21:54
Struggled with the NW section which is a worry as I live within a mile of CS.
Now completed I think but I worry that after following instruction 2 I do not have complete words left in the grid. The preamble does not specify either way. I am new to the Listener but recent puzzles I have done have all had real words left at the end. Have I made a mistake?
23 of 28  -   Report This Post

meursault

27th February 2017, 08:47
Smithsax, in this case not all real words are left after the removals. If all real words are to result, then usually the setter mentions this in the preamble.
24 of 28  -   Report This Post

orson

27th February 2017, 11:10
I've filled in the grid and can see what needs to be done, but I cannot make sense of the last five letters of the second instruction. I have HSTWO but if I identify other extra words the first instruction will not make sense.
25 of 28  -   Report This Post

smartie

27th February 2017, 11:15
Orson - you have the correct letters. Think what this is a shortform of in relation to the subject of the crossword.
26 of 28  -   Report This Post

orson

27th February 2017, 11:18
Right, smartie! Thank you.
27 of 28  -   Report This Post

laertes

4th March 2017, 11:14
Can't believe it! I had made some progress on this one, then accidentally threw out my grid, and it turns out it's about HS2, which I work on. :(
28 of 28  -   Report This Post