CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

kirky

5th February 2017, 13:11
i have 14a now ANDIE

This has been an excellent puzzle!
21 of 34  -   Report This Post

unclued

5th February 2017, 13:20
I agree kirky. I've come across from the listener puzzle to solve this one. It's been great fun so far.
22 of 34  -   Report This Post

orson

5th February 2017, 15:52
Finished! The instructions suggested to me that the 9 letters to be highlighted had to be in a curve, whereas what it means is that if the shape of the grid had curves (which is doesn't). A bit misleading that (although the 9 letters are easy to find) as is the use of "in" in a few clues (eg the ones starting Nothing's found... and "Note slippery...) but otherwise an excellent puzzle.
23 of 34  -   Report This Post

saustin

5th February 2017, 22:04
Many thanks shellraine et al for all the great tips . I shall persevere with this now I know where it's heading
24 of 34  -   Report This Post

tomsdad

6th February 2017, 01:25
I'm afraid that my first thought was that "contest" referred to the Super Bowl which is also this weekend! That was soon dropped though! In general I don't do well when there are no indications of answer length or obvious crossing words. So all the hints here were essential to me finishing this. Thanks all!
25 of 34  -   Report This Post

jogamel

6th February 2017, 11:19
Me too! Thank you all. I always respond to a nudge otherwise I tend to lose heart, so you all keep me on track.
26 of 34  -   Report This Post

malone

6th February 2017, 11:58
A 'nudge', jogamel? It was more a huge shove I needed for this one.
27 of 34  -   Report This Post

jogamel

6th February 2017, 13:51
Malone, you are one of my heroes!!!
28 of 34  -   Report This Post

malone

6th February 2017, 15:49
That's very kind of you, Jogamel. I still often need help myself,so am happy to assist if I can. I hope it all balances out!
29 of 34  -   Report This Post

leon

8th February 2017, 15:55
I have almost all answers but just can't seem to get them to fit.
I have smilax france yealms across centre row (thanks to this thread)
If some kind soul could maybe tell me what goes in top row and or bottom row I might be able to fit some in
Thanks in advance
Leon
30 of 34  -   Report This Post