CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

aristophanes

18th January 2017, 22:54
Congratulations, chrise, and thanks so much for the mention, peterm.

Salt Lake City is quite the place. In April of 2013 we met up with one of our daughters there to head off to the spectacular national parks of southern Utah. I wouldn't say it's a beautiful city, though its setting certainly is stunning. Anyway, we had a heart-stopping experience there. We were just leaving an organ concert at the Mormon Tabernacle, which was built in the 1860s but looks as if it was designed by visitors from outer space, when I got a text from our son that said: "There are bombs going off. I love you guys so much." He was at the Boston Marathon finish line, though we didn't know this, and that was the last message we got, because cell phone service was apparently purposely jammed after that. When we got to our hotel we learned what had happened back at home, and could do nothing but wait. He survived the horror, but we almost didn't.
41 of 49  -   Report This Post

seamus, ayrshire

18th January 2017, 23:32
Congratulations chrise and thanks to peterm for judging.
42 of 49  -   Report This Post

stevea6000

19th January 2017, 00:01
@aristo - can't begin to imagine how that felt ... group hug ...
43 of 49  -   Report This Post

mattrom

19th January 2017, 00:48
Well done, Chrise. Thanks, Peterm for hosting, and the mention.

Aristo, what a harrowing time for all of you.
44 of 49  -   Report This Post

dorrien

19th January 2017, 02:04
Thanks Peterm and congrats Chrise.

Let's have some peace in this world.

45 of 49  -   Report This Post

chrise

19th January 2017, 07:12
A quick look in this morning before golf to see, to my surprise and pleasure, the result! Thanks very much, peterm, and thanks everyone for their congratulations. I'll look at the clip later.

That must have been an awful few hours for you aristo. I had something similar when my parents were flying out of Luxor on the day of the terrorist attck. I didn't have to wait so long, though - they phoned to let me know that they had arrived home safely, and didn't know anything about the attack; they had left 3/4 of an hour beforehand.
46 of 49  -   Report This Post

paul

19th January 2017, 10:47
Well done Chris - richly deserved!
Thanks for setting and the clip, Peter.
47 of 49  -   Report This Post

les40

19th January 2017, 15:55
Well done Chris. Cheers Peter.
48 of 49  -   Report This Post

therogue

20th January 2017, 11:10
Well done Chris!
A tricky challenge indeed, peterm, thank you!
49 of 49  -   Report This Post