CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

bigbadmarty2

11th January 2017, 17:41
Hi everyone,

Apologies for posting this early but I've been asked out for a meal and I'm not going pass that up!

I thought this week's phrase would be a bit on the trickier side but you clever people have risen wonderfully to the the challenge. I'm truly amazed at the ingenuity on display here. Some favourite touches were seamus' "former pupil" and "sugar pill", sw's "coffee table", mattrom's "10 star treatment", Les's "roofing felt", ixion's "bucket" and paul's "fringe".

Don't worry if I didn't mention your clue I did enjoy reading them all.

In Third place are steve's amazing 13 letter acrostic tour-de-force @ #41 and aristo's lovely charade @ #17

Joint runners-up are two superb cds one from the master of the miniscule - ab @ #26 and the other from someone not usually associated with this type of clue - ginge @ #28.

This week's winner is a work of art from peterm - it would have my pencil chewed right down to the lead and the penny drop would be more like a bucket of pound coins.

#11 How snake-oil makes lab cope? (7,6)

I wish I could award a prize like this

http://www.wimp.com/100-seconds-to-grab-whatever-you-can-carry-at-an-electronics-store-this-guy-knows-what-to-do/

...looks like the url has ruined any surprise !

Thanks again all and see you all soon

Marty
41 of 58  -   Report This Post

ginge

11th January 2017, 17:53
Loved it the minute I saw it (even without seeing the parsing) peterm, imho great call Marty and cheers for hosting and the mention. Lots of belters, glad I wasn't in the hot seat.
42 of 58  -   Report This Post

skyewalker

11th January 2017, 18:37
Nice one, PeterM! Cheers for hosting BBM2, and thanks for the always appreciated mention.
43 of 58  -   Report This Post

ab

11th January 2017, 18:54
Congratulations, PeterM. Thank you Bigbadmarty2.
44 of 58  -   Report This Post

seamus, ayrshire

11th January 2017, 18:55
Congratulations peterm, a great clue. Thanks to bbm2 for judging and the mention.
45 of 58  -   Report This Post

stevea6000

11th January 2017, 19:07
Well done, peterm. Thanks, bbm, for the challenge and the placing.
46 of 58  -   Report This Post

chrise

11th January 2017, 19:07
Congrats peterm, and thanks BBM2
47 of 58  -   Report This Post

les40

11th January 2017, 19:16
Wells done peter, cheers marty
48 of 58  -   Report This Post

pigale

11th January 2017, 19:28
Congratulations Peterm (I needed the parsing!)
Thanks bbm and enjoy your meal!
49 of 58  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

11th January 2017, 19:44
He's back with a vengeance! Congratulations, peterm! And thanks for the mention, bigbad.
50 of 58  -   Report This Post