CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

skyewalker

30th December 2016, 23:06
(Looks like my tablet only allows me to use so many characters. More nonsense to follow)
71 of 79  -   Report This Post

skyewalker

30th December 2016, 23:28
(End of last paragraph should have been "Isn't that right, Paul?")

Thanks, Aristo, for hosting and the prize (and previous misprint of your name).

Most of all, a big thanks to all of you for letting me join you this year in the competitions, for the entertainment, challenges, laughs (yes, I have actually laughed out loud at some clues), and for your company.

I know that on internet forums you can invent false personae, and some of you may be perverted, psychopathic, sadistic serial killers (and we all know the likely suspects on this one) but you all come across to me as a bunch of really nice people I'd like to go down the pub with. (To be continued)
72 of 79  -   Report This Post

skyewalker

30th December 2016, 23:35
(Though, to be fair, I'll go down the pub with anyone if they promise me a pint).

I'd like to wish everyone all the very best for 2017.

Thanks for your indulgence.

SW
73 of 79  -   Report This Post

mattrom

31st December 2016, 01:51
Well done, Skyewalker, and thanks for the mention and subsequent good wishes. Here's to that cyber-pint with Skye, Mattie and Rom.

Thanks also to Pigale and Paul for the mention and to Chiaro, Ginge, Rosalind, Dorrien and Les for your votes - all much appreciated.

Cheers to Aristo for an interesting challenge and for hosting at a busy time.
A bit over 11 hours to go here - hope 2017 is a Good New Year for all!
74 of 79  -   Report This Post

rosalind

31st December 2016, 07:48
Well done sw and thanks for the mention. This Forum's a great place, isn't it, even if you don't want a kitchen.
Thank you very much for the interesting phrase, aristo and for hosting both competitions this week when I imagine you must have been very busy.
Quite happy to buy you a pint, sw! Presumably you, like my elder son, have to find a pub where dogs are accepted?
75 of 79  -   Report This Post

skyewalker

31st December 2016, 10:06
That's right, Rosalind. In our local, Skye usually gets served (with a treat) before I do!
76 of 79  -   Report This Post

bigbadmarty2

31st December 2016, 10:29
Congratulations skyewalker and thanks for the mention. I'm up for a pint any time !

Commiserations mattrom and thanks for the mention . I reckon you've won the most contests this year anyway (anyone care to check ?).

Happy New Year everyone !

Marty
77 of 79  -   Report This Post

fieryjack

31st December 2016, 13:31
Congratulations skyewalker
and one day there will be a pint with your name on it.
Cheers Aristo for guiding us through the festive season so capably.
And Marty a big sloppy kiss for the vote.
See you all in the new year
78 of 79  -   Report This Post

paul

31st December 2016, 13:42
Congrats SW - a worthy winner with some very (ahem) stiff competition! Thanks also for the mention, likewise Pigale and Mattrom (commiserations!)
Thanks for setting and the input at such a busy time Aristo, and Happy New Year to all on the forum!
79 of 79  -   Report This Post