CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

ixion

6th December 2016, 16:47
Like my cooking? Parp hard intermittently, show me! (9)
31 of 65  -   Report This Post

stevea6000

6th December 2016, 18:00
Toto's "Home" remix is sweet (9)
32 of 65  -   Report This Post

fieryjack

6th December 2016, 20:35
Canine a bit delicate (9)
33 of 65  -   Report This Post

fieryjack

6th December 2016, 20:43
A small tweak to last

Canine; a bit delicate (9)
34 of 65  -   Report This Post

dorrien

6th December 2016, 23:10
Part of a leaf that's at least a little tasty (9)
35 of 65  -   Report This Post

les40

7th December 2016, 01:37
Pretty one (or more) from the set of Jeremy Kyle show? (9)
36 of 65  -   Report This Post

mattrom

7th December 2016, 02:20
Hi Les, welcome back. Can I get a parse for #36?
I thought 'one or more' could be 'some' or 'one from the set' could be 'tooth' or I may be totally wrong.
37 of 65  -   Report This Post

les40

7th December 2016, 09:06
Hi mattrom, I forget sometimes who's not fro UK and you may not know British refs.
You are almost thee with the parse but part of it plays double duty running into a secondary cryptic Def. And a little misdirection using 'set' as set of teeth and the set where TV Shows are flimed.

Pretty = def
One = tooth
(or more) = some
from the set (set of teeth)
and usually seen on the Jeremy Kyle show are people with only one tooth showing or just a few (some teeth) - which is a running joke in Uk.
I think that the people who have watched it will chuckle at this but anyone who hasn't may think it's crap.
It's worth a viewing on You Tube. I'll stick my neck out and say that whichever episode you pick on You Tube, there'll be a person with remarkably bad or missing teeth. Ha ha!
Have a great day to you all.
38 of 65  -   Report This Post

les40

7th December 2016, 09:13
What is funny is that I'm off work today and The Jeremy Kyle show starts in half an hour. I'll give it a viewing to see if anyone needs dental attention and let you know later.

PS: apologies for spelling anomalies in above post, I'm on my phone typing which I find a little more difficult to see. Predictive text sometimes trips me up too if I don't re-read stuff to check. I think a few have commented before on this problem.
Take care.
39 of 65  -   Report This Post

mattrom

7th December 2016, 09:44
Thanks, Les - yes, Google did bring up the "tooth lady"
40 of 65  -   Report This Post