CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rrrobbo

26th November 2016, 17:32
Bit poorly today so have had time to loaf, watch rugby and make decent progress. Forgive my base humour here, but I have been amusing myself whilst washing up with the notion that there might be an unusual element to the end game. I have the grid I think and the first half of the words, which I can see make some sense. However, as ever, some of the extra letters are eluding me and I am left in a status where I am being instructed to '*AR*' the remainder. I am wondering if they might be musical notes and this might be an early parlour game, which I might take up with my flatulent mother-in-law on Christmas day.

Dont blame me - its the lurgy making me think it! I will be glad when the letters come to me tomorrow to rid me of such evil. Hopefully. Or I'll be back here later in the week no doubt. Right, I'm off to shock them lot on the AB with the same notion.......
1 of 18  -   Report This Post

meursault

26th November 2016, 18:12
Hi rrRobbo, sorry to hear you're under par. A swift recovery, I hope.

I think you may have at least one extra letter incorrect. I take it that by 'remainder' you in fact mean 'rest', but the word before that does not have 'AR' in that sequence (it does have them in the other sequence).

The message is a question, and for accuracy - can anyone say whether a question mark (UD) was included with the original message ?
2 of 18  -   Report This Post

cockie

26th November 2016, 18:24
As one fluent - well, rustily so - in the language required I am severely held up by the lack of separations. Does the title (when translated) have any direct relevance to the message? I think I have the last 5 or 6 letters, but before that I'm at a loss.
3 of 18  -   Report This Post

meursault

26th November 2016, 18:37
Hi Cockie. The setter has used multiple empty cells to represent a delimiter. So, for example, on the top row, the first decoded character is W. On the same basis, some decoded characters span rows.
4 of 18  -   Report This Post

meursault

26th November 2016, 18:39
The title is just telling you what language is being used...
5 of 18  -   Report This Post

rrrobbo

26th November 2016, 22:34
Thanks Meursault. I realised the error in my ways shortly after and feel a bit relieved that I will not, after all, be required to perform. Words all sorted. End Game planning underway for full attack tomorrow.
6 of 18  -   Report This Post

rickye

27th November 2016, 17:49
Am I to blacken the letters which appear in M----c--- as they appear in the grid and then decode them? The first could be P.
7 of 18  -   Report This Post

meursault

27th November 2016, 18:30
Hi Rickye, Yes and No. You're assuming that each row carries one character, which is wrong. See comment 4
8 of 18  -   Report This Post

rickye

27th November 2016, 19:31
Many thanks. I got there
9 of 18  -   Report This Post

demeter

28th November 2016, 08:33
Can someone help me with the instruction?

I'm missing quite a few of the extra letters, so have something like :
"Black out letters in (rows)? decode and . . . . . the rest.
10 of 18  -   Report This Post