CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

helena

12th May 2010, 18:16
2. chess
11 of 19  -   Report This Post

george

12th May 2010, 18:25
Air movements - draughts
12 of 19  -   Report This Post

rat

12th May 2010, 21:22
george - mac.
am i to take it that you live in Ayr?
Im not from scotland(or even the uk).
I have googled but cannot fathom what "Association football (as played by the honest men Rat)" means - honest!!
13 of 19  -   Report This Post

mamya

12th May 2010, 21:30
Ayr United are known as `The honest men`
14 of 19  -   Report This Post

rat

12th May 2010, 21:35
thankyou mamya and thank you george too xx
15 of 19  -   Report This Post

george

13th May 2010, 00:02
Hello Rat.
Strange, I just Googled too and up came heaps of Ayr Utd sites. The reference is
to Burns's poem Tam o'Shanter which may not be a universal favourite but which features in every Burns supper around the globe.
'Auld Ayr wham ne'r a toun surpasses
for honest men and bonny lasses.'
So, one would have thought that even a rudimentary acquaintance with either UK geography or UK literature or UK sport would preclude the need to check the correct spelling of Ayr. However I suppose it's always better to be safe than sorry.
G.
16 of 19  -   Report This Post

rat

13th May 2010, 00:53
oh by george!!!
"a rudimentary acquaintance",
"a universal favourite" blah blah - so,of course that is what "one" would have thought.
"features in every Burns supper around the globe"dear boy - yeah yeah,does it really??
well F me sideways,I never knew that. Never heard of Burns supper and you have made me wish i never will again.
I answered a question that had sod all to to with you mate,I double checked my answer so as not to steer someone the wrong way even though i was 99% sure but you felt you had to make your smart mouth heard.
I am sorry that i don't know much about where you live, are there many more like you?

17 of 19  -   Report This Post

michael caine

13th May 2010, 00:59
yes
thousands of 'em sarge'!
18 of 19  -   Report This Post

mamya

13th May 2010, 01:47
Oh dear why all this snappiness, am sure you cannot always expect someone from overseas to know how to spell every scottish port (I think thats where this started) calm down dears ♥
19 of 19  -   Report This Post