CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

les40

16th July 2016, 09:29
Thanks Mattrom, another nice surprise. The clip takes me back to "Choc Ice & Chips"
Thank you very much for the votes, Aristo, Ginge, AB, Tatters, Paul and Seamus.
Never done a 'Double scoop' before. It would be interesting to know who's done that in the past. I think ixion has and maybe BBM2 too. Does anyone recall who else?
Just a heads-up for next week. I'm sailing over to France next Thursday for a week with my good lady and the kids. However, we are traveling down south on Wednesday and staying over near the port so not sure of wi-fi availability. I'm working on Tuesday so will have no problem posting Clueless but bear with me if I'm tardy with the judging as I don't know yet where I'll be.
If I feel I'm gonna experience problems posting PR on Thursday, I'll get word to you beforehand so someone can take the baton. Hopefully, I should be ok because I'm taking my pad and my phone.
Have a great weekend, Les40.
71 of 80  -   Report This Post

les40

16th July 2016, 09:35
Forgot to say, spot on with the parse AB and Tizer is still sold, usually in supermarkets now. Along with some of my favourites, dandelion & burdock, ginger beer and of course, Irn Bru.
72 of 80  -   Report This Post

chrise

16th July 2016, 09:36
Have a good holiday, les! What part of France?
73 of 80  -   Report This Post

les40

16th July 2016, 09:56
Cheers Chris, not sure exactly, it's near the Normandy beaches as one of her sons is interested in the history. It's a caravan holiday park with all the 'Bells and Whistles' for kids. I didn't have anything to do with the booking stage, I think I'm more of a chauffeur on this one although I'll also be doing a bit of the touristy stuff with the history there and a good degree of relaxing I feel.
74 of 80  -   Report This Post

chrise

16th July 2016, 09:59
I was there years ago. The Bayeux tapestry is worth a look, though I expect that it's all rather more touristy now!

(btw little known fact - it's an embroidery rather than a "tapestry"!)
75 of 80  -   Report This Post

les40

16th July 2016, 10:14
I would like to take a look at that.
I'll find out which part we're staying in tonight as she's working today.
It must be somewhere between La Havre and Cherbourg because I do know we're sailing from Portsmouth and that's the two main ports that Portsmouth sail to.
I sound a bit crap at not knowing exactly where I'm going on holiday, but, you know my preference usually involves mountains, snow and an ironing board strapped to my feet...
76 of 80  -   Report This Post

pigale

16th July 2016, 10:35
Les, I know that nothing looks like a cathedral than another cathedral, but I believe the one in 'old' Bayeux is well worth seeing.
Hope you have a great time and a good weather !
77 of 80  -   Report This Post

les40

17th July 2016, 14:04
Cheers pigale, we'll most likely spend a day there so the cathedral can go on the itinerary as well.

Chrise, we're going to Caen, not too far from Bayeux.

78 of 80  -   Report This Post

pigale

17th July 2016, 15:03
Enjoy the famous tripes - speciality of the town, and a small Calvados !
79 of 80  -   Report This Post

chrise

17th July 2016, 16:14
Nice les - have a good time!

The stone for Canterbury Cathedral was imported from Caen, I think.
80 of 80  -   Report This Post