CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chrise

21st June 2016, 17:52
Hi jolan - nice to see you around. How are you and your wife (sorry, I've forgotten her name)?
1 of 22  -   Report This Post

ab

21st June 2016, 18:08
I think jolan's wife is Helen. I too hope both are well.
2 of 22  -   Report This Post

chrise

21st June 2016, 18:10
Yes, that would have been my best guess!
3 of 22  -   Report This Post

rossim

21st June 2016, 19:18
I hope Jolan and Helen are both well too.
4 of 22  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

23rd June 2016, 15:46
Just seen this post. Hoping Jolan and Helen are well. Best wishes to you x jg

5 of 22  -   Report This Post

elle

23rd June 2016, 16:03
Yes, good to see you around, Jolan.
All the best to you and your family.

Sorry to intrude on the thread for Jolan .....but has anyone heard anything from Redcoral?
I haven't noticed any communications from her for quite a while?
6 of 22  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

23rd June 2016, 16:06
Redcoral and her husband Johnny haven't been too well, but both alive and kicking :)
7 of 22  -   Report This Post

elle

23rd June 2016, 16:11
Thank you, Jazzgril.
I'm sorry to hear that neither Redcoral nor Johnny have been all that well - but glad that life on the whole is okay for them both.
You are obviously in touch with her, so please pass on my best wishes.
8 of 22  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

23rd June 2016, 16:30
I will be happy to pass on your good wishes, Elle.
A friend who attends the same church is my only contact with them both, but she will pass on any messages.
9 of 22  -   Report This Post

jolan

24th June 2016, 12:37
Gosh! How lovely to hear from all of you. Thanks for starting the thread ChrisE.

Unfortunately my darling Helen died on May 12th, three weeks after we celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary at a super party given to us by our friends. Helen managed to make it and enjoyed the celebrations.

Shortly thereafter she, more-or-less, stopped eating and in May her food intake was virtually nil. She was not ill and never suffered pain or distress. At 94, she was just ready to go, peacefully and happily. I was her "toy boy" at 79 and looked after her here at home until she just quietly left. The attention from the local doctor, nurses and ancillary staff was superb, plus the fact that my closest friends are all retired nurses and just loved Helen. So, she was never without constant care. We had loads of time to remind each other of our love. Luckily our life together could be summed up in one word. Fun!

My low point was the night before the funeral when her body was brought into church. The day of the funeral was absolutely joyful. We had about 90 friends and relatives there. The singing was superb and everything went just wonderfully. Her earthly body was cremated and we will distribute her ashes in the garden she loved so much. We received a lovely rose plant called "Golden Wedding" and my friends and I will plant it in "Helen's Border" which we've just prepared.

Although I miss her greatly, I'm very happy and coping very well. I feel she's with me in spirit and would certainly hate to see me being miserable. So I am definitely not at all miserable, I've been luckier than most.

Bless

John
10 of 22  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » @jolan