CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

seamus, ayrshire

18th June 2016, 01:16
Congratulations bbm2 and thanks to paul for adjudicating and for the "défi".
81 of 101  -   Report This Post

fieryjack

18th June 2016, 01:17
Sorry I missed the vote (I blame psychedelics) but it wouldn't have made any difference my vote was going to
Aristo @ 21
82 of 101  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

18th June 2016, 02:13
Congratulations, bigbad, and thanks, paul. Many thanks to ginge and fiery for the votes- very much appreciated.

I've been trying to post a message about Mary McCarthy, ginge, but the site keeps rejecting it. Truly odd.
83 of 101  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

18th June 2016, 02:24
ginge: I’ve never cared for the Big Intellectual species, especially the New York variety, but I must say Ms. McCarthy’s contempt for Lillian Hellman was somewhat endearing. A couple of decades ago Hellman was treated at one of the renowned Boston hospitals, and on the day she checked out the whole floor staff gathered outside the elevator, and when she was wheeled into it and the door closed they all burst into cheers. I also envied Ms. McCarthy’s residence in one of my favorite towns, Castine, Maine. Did you know that her brother starred in the original (very creepy) “Invasion of the Body Snatchers”?
84 of 101  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

18th June 2016, 02:35
I found the offender! I removed various phrases and still got the message till I got to a McCarthy quote (about Hellman) I had put in parentheses. I'll try to post it separately.
85 of 101  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

18th June 2016, 02:48
No, it won't let me post it! I'll try writing it backwards.

.'eht' dna 'dna' gnidulcni ,eil a si setirw ehs drow yrevE
86 of 101  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

18th June 2016, 02:52
That's what I couldn't post! It was in the above message after "endearing", in quotes and parentheses.
87 of 101  -   Report This Post

chrise

18th June 2016, 07:48
Congrats BBM and thanks paul for hosting and for the clip.

Thanks for the vote, ixion, and the mention, ginge. It's a pity the surface required the "does".
88 of 101  -   Report This Post

jws

18th June 2016, 09:31
well done bbm. thanks to paul for the word etc
89 of 101  -   Report This Post

bigbadmarty2

18th June 2016, 09:32
Great prize paul, thank you very much.
Cheers for ghe votes pigale, jws, seamus and les.

Well done mattrom for getting votes for 3 clues !

See you all next week.
90 of 101  -   Report This Post