CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

meursault

9th February 2016, 13:09
Rickye, think of pools payouts, this is a shortened version. The clue is 3 definitions. But it relates to MALES, not AR?A. If you simply leave an empty centre file, your entry will likely be accepted. I tried burning mine...
31 of 40  -   Report This Post

meursault

9th February 2016, 13:11
You wait over an hour for an answer, then three come at once.
32 of 40  -   Report This Post

rickye

9th February 2016, 13:28
Confusion reigns. I have males and div, and also satisfied with gut, rain and kist but it is personal share of turnip spirit I do not get which I assume goes with ARA as the others make sense. I see the sense of the fold as it restores the original entries but my nine letters are not making sense assuming that INIPANGAE are correct.
33 of 40  -   Report This Post

rickye

9th February 2016, 13:30
Oops! Div is the first one. I had made it fit for simpleton so need help with b3 not b1.
34 of 40  -   Report This Post

meursault

9th February 2016, 13:53
Div is a shorthened version of dividend, as well as being a 'turnip' and a spirit.
B3 is MEN, You'll find that fits with AR*A.

Your central letters are a little awry. I think I see what you were trying to do with the second 'I' (in the 3rd row, I guess) - but it's wrong. Also there needs to be an 'A' somewhere near the bottom. Then google the last 7 letters.
35 of 40  -   Report This Post

rickye

9th February 2016, 15:44
Got men as I was driving somewhere! Many thanks to you and the other helpers.
36 of 40  -   Report This Post

smellyharry

11th February 2016, 04:02
Finally got there after about ten hours of effort and a bit of help off here as to the theme. Excellent puzzle I thought.

Would appreciate it if someone could let me have the extra letters for the first e answer, the f answer and the first g answer. Have what I think is the second (four letter?) word missing from the instruction and I can't figure out what would fit.

Thanks
37 of 40  -   Report This Post

tina22

11th February 2016, 16:00
In your order f, e and f. Word is five. Hope this helps.

I have just finished. I assume that the group B letters are not actually entered in the grid?
38 of 40  -   Report This Post

meursault

11th February 2016, 19:07
Tina, I think the Group B answers are just intended to help with choosing the correct letters for the unchecked cells of the Group B entries, in a thematic fashion.
39 of 40  -   Report This Post

grid

13th February 2016, 11:44
Have just finished it! Very enjoyable
40 of 40  -   Report This Post