CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mattrom

5th February 2016, 19:05
BBM2 #5
41 of 59  -   Report This Post

les40

5th February 2016, 19:08
Ginge - POST 12
42 of 59  -   Report This Post

peterm

5th February 2016, 19:45
Hi all. A good response to an answer that I didn't think was particularly anagram-friendly. There were 23 entries from 16 participants. With 2 votes still due, from theambler and busby, by my reckoning the position is as follows:

chrise (post 2) is in the lead with 4 votes, followed by
ginge (12) - 3 votes
bigbad (5) - 2 votes
Mattrom (13), les40 (27), rambler (8), aristo (20) and ixion (17) each with 1 vote.

It's all down to those last 2 votes. I'll check again a bit later.
43 of 59  -   Report This Post

busby

5th February 2016, 20:04
Chrise #2
44 of 59  -   Report This Post

theambler

5th February 2016, 20:19
Hi BBM @ #5#

Cheers
45 of 59  -   Report This Post

peterm

5th February 2016, 20:41
With all the votes cast, the final position is as follows:

The winner, with 5 votes - chrise (post 2)
Joint second place with 2 votes each - ginge (12) and bigbad (5)
Les40 (7), rambler (8), aristo (20), ixion (17) and mattrom (13) - each received 1 vote.

So congratulations Chris. You were first out the blocks, as usual, with a very worthy winner.

I rather fancy, Chris, that you’re a bit of a sporty type, so your prize this week is a virtual bike ride. Nice and relaxing, great scenery, fresh air. Enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL0rbxB9Lqg

Thanks to all for taking part.
46 of 59  -   Report This Post

jws

5th February 2016, 20:57
well done chrise and thanks to peterm for hosting

thanks to ginge for the mention - I agree with you my clue didn't quite do it. perhaps somebody could suggest an improvement?
47 of 59  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

5th February 2016, 21:25
Congrats, chris, thanx, peter.
Btw do you all realize Trump & Heinz (of ketchup fame) both originate from a small town in the South of Germany, and love those virtues like hard work, reliability, etc. About to watch a film on the subject here.......................
48 of 59  -   Report This Post

paul

5th February 2016, 21:46
Well done Chris!
Thanks Peter - breathtaking clip!
49 of 59  -   Report This Post

chrise

5th February 2016, 21:53
Thanks Peterm, and to busby, steve, seamus , paul and rossim for the votes.

I must say I'm very surprised. I'm not getting the hang of this, despite having competed for some years; clues of mine that I've liked haven't been mentioned, while some that I've had doubts about (like this one) have succeeded (though I thought it was a tricky challenge). I did think that several others had a better chance - mattrom's (which I voted for) I thought was lovely, though apparently no-one else did.

I did once have to cycle some distance without a saddle, Peterm, when my saddle post broke. I don't make a habit of it though! I was impressed and horrified by the clip - the slightest mistake might have been fatal!
50 of 59  -   Report This Post