CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

bambi123

29th November 2015, 08:11
Stuck on 2
11 think wordplay has an A not clued
12 think this is a type C
A gentle nudge would be appreciated. Thanks.
1 of 22  -   Report This Post

meursault

29th November 2015, 08:42
11 - HOT, E(A)
Group C - 38, 6, 12 and 36
2 of 22  -   Report This Post

rickye

29th November 2015, 11:12
I have filled the grid and see where I am aiming (!) but cannot get the last bit. The extra letter at 16 could be A and guess E at 3 down but I am a bit stuck with parsing as well as the middle of the instruction though guess it is just telling me how to find the china which even I can see. Why is 1ac not plural ? Or 22ac?
Then I am being slow on getting the title. Assume it is connected with the china again.
3 of 22  -   Report This Post

pkd

29th November 2015, 11:22
Hi Rickye

16a extra letter is A
3d extra letter is E (SOME vacuous = SE, Design = IDEA, rest is definition)
4 of 22  -   Report This Post

rickye

29th November 2015, 11:41
Thanks. Have finally strung it all together.
5 of 22  -   Report This Post

meursault

29th November 2015, 21:29
It shouldn't need to be written on this board, but it's a right of reply denied to me on answerbank (they had my account blocked). I'm in Salamanca's corner. It certainly wasn't the most challenging puzzle, I don't defend that, but to be accused of schoolboy humour ? Every schoolboy knows the various anagrams of the 'name' - and to work the puzzle so as to exclude one of those anagrams would be just plain ridiculous. What a shame that some people are so precious, so affected, that they can't even find a word acceptable to say where they go to relieve themselves. It seems a whole list of words in the dictionary are taboo. So, well done Salamanca, for exposing them further...
6 of 22  -   Report This Post

dryden

30th November 2015, 10:12
I saw that rather odd comment. If the 'schoolboy humour' is excluded from consideration there isn't a puzzle left. I found it quite a novelty that a puzzle on a literary figure should exploit a non-literary aspect of the figure while structuring it around a literary aspect.
7 of 22  -   Report This Post

cloverjo

30th November 2015, 17:47
Can anyone help me with 1a, please. This is probably one of the easiest clues, but I can't see it. I'm guessing it's an anagram of "mom saw her son" and is a Group B answer, but can't find anything.
1a Mom saw her son off(12, two words)
???s?ash????
Thank you
8 of 22  -   Report This Post

djawhufc

30th November 2015, 19:11
Yes anagram

4-8

It's what Americans call the bathroom or toilet for Gents
9 of 22  -   Report This Post

cloverjo

30th November 2015, 19:52