CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

trelos1

5th November 2015, 18:25
Even more confused now! So is it tott, tots or tote?
11 of 28  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

5th November 2015, 18:26
Tots
12 of 28  -   Report This Post

tevor

5th November 2015, 18:28
tots - salvage items - clue should be adds up?
btw. very quick off the mark Jazzgirl, re trotter.
13 of 28  -   Report This Post

trelos1

5th November 2015, 18:31
I want to become a telos now. No need for an r in my name either.? Can I join your gang jazzgil?
14 of 28  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

5th November 2015, 18:37
This could be catching telos. Jazz gil
15 of 28  -   Report This Post

duckb

16th November 2015, 17:09
Belatedly .... but, like others, I had been troubled about 25d being "tots": yes ... the clue should have read "adds up". BUT ... am I the only one to have spotted that on the magazine cover it said "Our £1000 prize crossword"? Don't all rush. I e-mailed to the editor, but only got an automatic response that said (in effect) "we get 100s of e-mails every day ... so don't expect to get an answer".

PS On the forum website Just to the right of the Your Message box it gives the codes to italicise, underline etc. But it doesn't say HOW to do it. Interestingly .... I don't think I've ever (underlined!!) seen any of these things done. Any advice .....?
16 of 28  -   Report This Post

elle

16th November 2015, 17:19
DuckB, I have attempted to it italicise, underline , put into bold print etc., but cannot manage to do so - So I. too would like to know how it is done?
Is anyone out there going to tell us, please?

And interestingly, I tried writing in word, then copying and pasting but all italicised words, bold print and underlining all disappeared in the pasting thereof... any explanation for this offered?
17 of 28  -   Report This Post

seamus, ayrshire

16th November 2015, 17:22
This is not the first time that Saga Magazine have miswritten clues.

Don't forget that the special tags for emboldening, italicising and underlining have to be nested correctly to make them work.
18 of 28  -   Report This Post

seamus, ayrshire

16th November 2015, 17:29
The tags must be used without the spaces for them to work, but I have had to put them in so you can see the codes.

For example:

[ u ] This text will be underlined.[ / u ]

Remove the spaces in the tags above and you get this:

This text will be underlined.

Similarly for the other tags. However writing:

[ u ][ b ]This text[ / u ] will cause a problem.[ / b ]

This text will cause a problem.

Probably won't work (with no preview facility it's hard to say).
19 of 28  -   Report This Post

seamus, ayrshire

16th November 2015, 17:31
I see that the second one did work after all so the forum software must be sorting out the order of the tags before posting the message.

Ash is one step ahead again!
20 of 28  -   Report This Post