CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

bees

30th March 2010, 20:27
I'm shocked! Why hasn't anyone been on to say they've completed in 14 nanoseconds? The snow must have delayed the ferry to Arran. I like 12A, remember Bees should never be silent.
1 of 20  -   Report This Post

bees

30th March 2010, 20:28
Except for 12A, where the B is silent. What on Earth am I talking about?
2 of 20  -   Report This Post

philip

30th March 2010, 20:32
Bees
Sorry to disappoint you, but I have today only just returned from the Caribbean Cruise so I am jet lagged. I still have last weeks to do, so it might take me a couple of days to get my land legs. No doubt John is snow bound.
PHILIP
3 of 20  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

30th March 2010, 22:09
As Bees has already indicated, I don't think that you'll have much of a problem with this one, Philip, and, knowing you, you'll probably complete '13' and '14' in under half an hour. I trust that the cruise was most enjoyable.

4 of 20  -   Report This Post

bees

30th March 2010, 22:24
Hi Philip, glad you've enjoyed your cruising! Caravaggio, I didn't say I'd finished it, I haven't yet. Senility may be setting in.
5 of 20  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

31st March 2010, 09:36
Hi Bees,

I'm sorry, I thought that you'd finished it!

Believing that I would look smug if I again posted the first entry for the RT crossword in Philip's absence, I deliberately held back - and now I do look smug...

Having said that, I don't think that you'll have much of a problem finishing it, although some of the answers do make me grit my teeth. I remember Big Dave saying, some time ago, that he'd given up on the Radio Times crossword as his television set was in danger of having cups of tea hurled at it.

Regards,

Caravaggio
6 of 20  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

31st March 2010, 12:28
So, feeling smug and celebrating a certain 400th anniversary in the same year eh?

Well it came this morning and it's done. Not quite 14 nanoseconds, but a good estimate! Only one ferry yesterday as the the wind was up to force 8/9 coupled with very large tides (for Arran).

Favourite clue this week:

11A European raincoat manufacturer (8)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/73/Bild-Ottavio_Leoni%2C_Caravaggio.jpg/220px-Bild-Ottavio_Leoni%2C_Caravaggio.jpg" />
7 of 20  -   Report This Post

flipper2law

31st March 2010, 12:59
Hi all,
Got my first answer immediately yesterday, 4 down - dinosaur anagram of poor vertical. I hope
11 across is anagram of raincoat: but I do not know the subect of John's comment. Have another couple- still working on it at times but watch tellie (after dark ?).
8 of 20  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

31st March 2010, 14:35
Thank you for showing the Forum my portrait, John, which I do use on some sites and I think you'll agree that I am looking well after all these years!

Cordiali saluti,

Caravaggio
9 of 20  -   Report This Post

bees

31st March 2010, 16:21
Funny how they left out your tennis racket and your sword.
10 of 20  -   Report This Post