CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

john (from arran)

31st March 2010, 20:12
Caravaggio scrieved:

.... I think you'll agree that I am looking well after all these years!

Indeed you are, but at only 438 you've still got 6562 years to catch up with Gandalf The White!
11 of 20  -   Report This Post

philip

31st March 2010, 21:44
Hi Guys
See nothing has changed whilst I have been away!! Well despite the jet lag completed 13 and 14 in just under an hour, except for 6 down in 14. Still working on it though
PHILIP
12 of 20  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

31st March 2010, 23:07
Hi PHILIP,

Glad that you're back with us and, yes, not much has changed in two weeks. We still have tracy/samantha/ty or whatever every so often and lots of people are still not giving enough information to get sensible answers. Oh and despite Brian Cox's latest TV series the world is still turning.

Try this:

6D Polar crush leave instantly (5)
13 of 20  -   Report This Post

thicky

31st March 2010, 23:48
Hello John

I have just started RT 14 and like PHILIP I am stuck on 6d and your additional clue didnt help. I have ?C?A?. Am I on the right lines?

Thicky
14 of 20  -   Report This Post

eeyore

1st April 2010, 01:36
Just got back from Piglet's and asked Owl about this one. He just shook his head and said '-----, moron' - but he's called me worse...
15 of 20  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

1st April 2010, 06:50
Good morning all,

6d. Finally, does Arctic animal get lost? (5)

I liked this, probably because I saw the construct straight away! 'Finally' relates to the second and third words and you then need to add a three-letter word for an animal which is synonymous with an over-active sex life...

Have a Happy Easter.

Caravaggio
16 of 20  -   Report This Post

bees

1st April 2010, 08:44
I'm very sad to see the announcement this morning that the RT crossword is to be discontinued and replaced with a giant sudoko. Tuesdays will never be the same. I blame you lot for complaining about the clues all the time.
17 of 20  -   Report This Post

philip

1st April 2010, 09:22
Thanks John. I got it as a result of your clue, but then went to bed jet lagged, before I could respond.

Bees. I saw that too. I understand however that they have upped the prize to £1000 per week.
PHILIP
18 of 20  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

1st April 2010, 09:24
Nice try, Bees, but I was up early and haven't forgotten what day it is. Incidentally, the sword and tennis racquet are not included because it's merely a head-and-shoulders portrait.

Regards,

Caravaggio
19 of 20  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

1st April 2010, 15:59
Knowing what day it is did anyone hear the piece about William Shakespeare on Radio 4 this morning? If you missed it, you can "listen again" http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_8598000/8598291.stm" target="_blank">here.
20 of 20  -   Report This Post