CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jolan

29th September 2015, 18:07
Well done all.
Jazzy - great parsing. Tevor 5/5 and perfect parsing and Daniel 5/5. Thank you all for the kind comments. I've acknowledged everyone else earlier.

When I post this wee note I'll try to copy and paste my solutions. See you when I see you

J
21 of 26  -   Report This Post

jolan

29th September 2015, 18:14
NOPE!

Got the message in RED

"You are not allowed to post this message."

I sent it to Ash this morning but still can't post it.

Ah well! I've checked back as far as the site allows and I not my very first "5" on record in October 2010. Five years is not bad going, eh?

Perhaps "the writing ISN'T on the wall". LOL

Off for the day now

22 of 26  -   Report This Post

tevor

29th September 2015, 19:35
5@5for5 - you should be proud that you never dropped the standard - look 4ward to more menacing challenges in the future however often that may be.
Big Cheers Jolan.
23 of 26  -   Report This Post

ab

30th September 2015, 17:01
My apologies for the late entry, but have been away in the wild and had missed this news.
Thank you for all the pleasurable torment you have given us, Jolan.
I hope you will continue to delight us for many years to come.
AB
24 of 26  -   Report This Post

jolan

30th September 2015, 17:13
Thanks a million Tevor and ab.

Ash has just emailed me to try and post my solutions again. He's done a wee tweak. If it works, it will be great. I'll copy and paste now:-

1. Ecuador = EC (IVR); to join the = to + the; soldiers on board (perhaps) = Royal Marines (perhaps => there are others) = RM. ec + to + the + rm = ECTOTHERM = cold-blooded animal (Chambers def) = cold-blooded creature.

2. mark = sign; assuming = if (Chambers thes); I’m unable = I can’t; to return = ot; her = a female (Chambers def); sign + if + icant + ot + her = SIGNIFICANT OTHER = a person’s sexual partner (Chambers def).

3. net = web; reached = came, almost reached = cam; WEBCAM = online viewer

4. subtractive anag (without & uncommon) of “fleecing vipers say” – “paying” = SELF-SERVICE = helping oneself.

5. Man, for example = isle; just = fair; just, put down first yields FAIR ISLE = a type of design … (from Chambers def)
25 of 26  -   Report This Post

jolan

30th September 2015, 17:14
YIPPEE! Again. I'll email Ash now. See you (in a fortnight?)

J
26 of 26  -   Report This Post