CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

marmalade

5th September 2015, 14:16
Polly, yes you said it. We want help, not answers. I can't understand why people who want answers so early are bothering to do the quiz. My pleasure lies in working out an answer and acknowledging what a clever devil that Neville is!! I rarely get 100 right but I do it to stimulate my brain and support a worthy charity.
11 of 17  -   Report This Post

polly dee

5th September 2015, 14:20
Sorry Betty , I would if I could , but I can't ! Not managed that one yet !!! P
12 of 17  -   Report This Post

mamya

5th September 2015, 14:29
Not a quiz warder but as one who has set quizzes, does many quizzes and have spoken to setters whose sales fall as a result of earlier and earlier asking,I am simply offering my views.

I have tried to voice this before and it was futile and I knew it would be again,as I say the words associated with any new Rainbow Quiz are 'When will CS start asking?'.

This is a fabulous helpful crossword site with many fantastic people on it, suppose there is a fly in every ointment.

13 of 17  -   Report This Post

monty

5th September 2015, 15:08
Totally agree with Mamya. Ridiculous to start asking before mid-November,
14 of 17  -   Report This Post

ringodave

9th September 2015, 14:32
I object to the term "quiz warder". I have had my copy of the quiz a week now and can't help wondering in my turn why people attempt the quiz when they are giving up on clues this early.
We have almost three months to work out answers to as many as we can, so why give up after a week?
I will be looking for clues to some, I am sure, during November unless I am particularly lucky this time, but I shall look for clues only, not straight answers as happened last time.
15 of 17  -   Report This Post

georgeiii

9th September 2015, 16:07
why be insulting with the phrase "quiz warder".
Perhaps we could reply with the words "lazy quizzers"
Asking for answers after musing over the quiz while drinking a cup of tea then giving up is hardly inspiring.
I know attention spans are shortening but that is ridiculous.
I would also mention that a lot of wrong answers were given on this site for the last Rainbow quiz, albeit in good faith I am sure! (well I hope so anyway)
16 of 17  -   Report This Post

nonplussed

10th September 2015, 12:56
I could give a few wrong answers if that would help!
Yes I probably am a quiz warder but what's the point of asking for answers clues before the puzzle had been out a week?
17 of 17  -   Report This Post